Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen the Koch media demo of this game which looks quite good. Is there a way to get the full version of this game in the USA these days?

Lee Valentine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, the Koch media version just required a language code in the settings file to be fully translated to English. I believe the problem was in the purchase of the game from the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, which was why I didn't say, "how to I set the configurations to show the game in English". I saw the demo and asked if the FULL GAME was available in the U.S. by some means. I didn't see a link on their website to purchase the product.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The BSW implementation is quite good, btw.

Also, there is a Java implementation on asobrain where you can play with bots, too. It's called "Tolouse" there because of copyright issues but it's Carc, all right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom L.
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
Unopened copies of the Carcassonne: The Computer Game from Koch Media are available at www.2die4games.com. The game comes with a Suite of Tools providing improved support for the English language and game configuration. See the program user guides at the website for more details.

Regards
Sidar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Sidar

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only problem I've had thus far is that this Carc game will NOT run on my new laptop (Vista). I've run under xp sp2 compatibility and with admin privileges and nevertheless it gets hung up on main screen and will not respond to the touchpad mouse movements OR to an external mouse. Game runs great on my old XP desktop.

Any ideas how to get the game to work on Vista laptop would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
Only problem I've had thus far is that this Carc game will NOT run on my new laptop (Vista). I've run under xp sp2 compatibility and with admin privileges and nevertheless it gets hung up on main screen and will not respond to the touchpad mouse movements OR to an external mouse. Game runs great on my old XP desktop.

Any ideas how to get the game to work on Vista laptop would be greatly appreciated.
I haven't touched Vista yet, but I'm guessing changing the compatibility mode to win XP (assuming it's there) didn't work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom L.
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
The game will work on Vista and Windows 7 machines by installing the game in a directory that is not "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)".
For example: C:\Carcassonne

Sidar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tinara Harper
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi,

I just bought the game on Amazon; the game itself is in English, but the manual that comes with it is in German; is there a translation anywhere?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.