Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another rule I would like to know if I have got right.

I attack an area containing a seige tank and a firebat.I attack with 5 marines and a firebat. Am I allowed to attack the seige tank with a marine + 3 supporting marines,then have a firebat + 1 supporting marine against the firebat,or do i have to even the support units out,eg 3v1 then 3v1.Also if the seige tank had splash damage would it have to defeat something to trigger the splash damage.

I think yes I can attack with 4 marines v seige tank.
I think splash damage would only be triggered if the seige tank destroys something,(not the firebat destroying something)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,

Not sure I understand point 2, so I won't comment. I think you are correct though, soemthing has to die in the siege tank skirmish for splash to be triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NtN Scissors
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by the rules, this is what would happen:
You are the attacker, so you decide the skirmishes. First, you make 2 skirmishes (the maximum number you can) by placing the front-line units. So, you place your marine against his siege tank, then line up your firebat against his firebat.

Second, you assign supporting units in any way you like. So, if you wish, you are free to put 3 supp. marines behind your front-line marine and 1 supp. marine behind your front-line firebat.

The rules for splash damage say that splash is activated if an opposing unit in that skirmish is destroyed. So in this case, if for some reason the siege tank somehow fails to kill your front-line marine, it doesn't get to splash. The result of the firebat vs firebat skirmish is immaterial to whether or not the siege tank's splash is activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.