Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have assumed that the Sorcerers cannot use their power on Diplomat if the Diplomat picks the Sorcerer as their ally. I base this assumption on my interpreted intention of the game designers, but it doesn't necessarily say that the Sorcerers' power is an "attack".

Discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The Sorcerer's substition power is an attack, so you couldn't use it against a Diplomat who picked you as his friend.

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you can conquer a territory using this ability, so it's an act of conquest. As such you can't attack your diplomatic friend nor can you swap into seas or lakes which cannot be conquered unless you are seafaring.

That's how I read it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the sorcerer's ability is considered an attack, does that mean if a diplomatic sorcerer converts a lone active orc unit, he cannot choose my active orc race as his ally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsugo wrote:
Since the sorcerer's ability is considered an attack, does that mean if a diplomatic sorcerer converts a lone active orc unit, he cannot choose my active orc race as his ally?

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.