Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Previously on Campaign 2: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/393545

Overlord XP gain shown in [], Hero XP gain shown in ()

We are playing with a number of house rules: http://people.exeter.ac.uk/pg234/runestone/boardgames/descen...

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality. Feats: 2. XP: 40, Wounds: 14.
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo. Equipment: Ripper, Axe of Returning, Chain Mail, Iron Shield. Potions: Vitality. Feats: 2. XP: 40, Wounds: 12.
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker. Equipment: Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception, Bane. Potions: Healing, Vitality. Feats: 0. XP: 40, Wounds: 8.
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing. Equipment: Leather Armour, Immolation, Backbiter. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 40, Wounds: 2.
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, 4,825 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
None. 4 Siege tokens on Nerekhall
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow, Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, XP: 5

WEEK 8

[+1 XP]. Total = 6
Lt Alric manages to raze Nerekhall and then moves onto Greyhaven.

The heroes stay in Forge. The Runemaster goes to the temple to heal up whilst the other 3 characters go off to the training ground. Mad Carthos learns the Unmovable skill, Ispher learns Master Archer and Lord Hawthorne upgrades his melee trait by 2.

CONQUEST: Heroes: 40, Overlord: 31/6, Total: 71

WEEK 9

[+2 XP]. Total = 8
Sir Alric places 1 siege token on Greyhaven.

The heroes move east towards Broken Crags. We roll for an encounter and find that the heroes are yet again lost, so they return to Forge, Lord Hawthorne visits the temple as he was a few wounds down and the rest take a shopping trip to the market. They find some Dwarven Fire Bombs and a Screaming Eagle Staff - both of which are bought. Ispher sells his Axe of returning, keeping the Ripper as his backup weapon.

CONQUEST: Heroes: 40, Overlord: 33/8, Total: 73

WEEK 10

[+2 XP]. Total = 10
A second siege token is placed on Greyhaven. Overlord spends 10 XP to purchase 1 point of Green Treachery.

The heroes try again to get to the dungeon. They have another encounter on the way and we draw 'A sight for Sore Eyes' and 'Frozen Pass' - Two cards from Tomb of Ice.

I played the waiting game on this one - I only had 1 monster, so I kept it back whilst the heroes advanced, gaining threat all the time. However, I made another stupid schoolboy error and left it 1 turn too late, and the heroes all managed to flee before anyone got an attack! This was a bit of a shame, because this was a tough monster and I'd built up about 20 threat.

The heroes discover the dungeon (+1 XP).

Dungeon Level 1: 33 - Down the Drain. I choose the option with the dark priests.

The heroes move in, Ispher and Lord Hawthorne ahead. I spawn 2 shades behind the heroes who move out to attack the wizards at the back. A few shots from skeletons cause some wounds. Lord Hawthorne moves back to protect the mages, cleaving into both of the shades. The master sorcerer stays over the other side of the water, having a long range attack on Runemaster Thorn, but doing enough to kill him [+2 XP]. An interesting battle then ensued, with a number of difficult decisions made, but eventually the heroes managed to kill the leader (+2 XP) and his minions, but not before the Master Sorcerer killed Ispher too [+3 XP]. The heroes activated the Glyph (+3 XP).

Instead of coming back straight away, Ispher spent a bit of time at the market, drawing the Cone of Fire and the Dragontooth Hammer. The players were understandably excited about the Cone of Fire, since they had this in Campaign 1 and it is one of the best weapons in the game. The Hammer wasnt purchased.

However, the heroes then opened the chest, finding 2 treasures: A suit of heavy leather and the same Dragontooth Hammer!

Getting late in the evening, we decided to wrap things up, but we drew the next level in advance just so we could think about it in advance. We draw level 38 - Throwing Stones. The players took one look at the stats of the leader and realised this level was potentially the toughest one they had faced so far.

CONQUEST: Heroes: 46, Overlord: 40/5, Total: 86

At the end of the session

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving. +2 Melee traits. Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality. Feats: 2. XP: 16, Wounds: 6.
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo, Master Archer. Equipment: Dwarven Fire Bombs, Ripper, Chain Mail, Iron Shield. Potions: Vitality. Feats: 2. XP: 26, Wounds: 12.
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker, Unmovable. Equipment: Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception, Bane. Potions: Healing, Vitality. Feats: 0. XP: 26, Wounds: 3.
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing. Equipment: Leather Armour, Immolation, Screaming Eagle Staff. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 46, Wounds: 12.
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, 1,425 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
Nerekhall. 2 Siege tokens on Greyhaven
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow, Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, XP: 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Instead of coming back straight away, Ispher spent a bit of time at the market, drawing the Cone of Fire and the Dragontooth Hammer. The players were understandably excited about the Cone of Fire, since they had this in Campaign 1 and it is one of the best weapons in the game. The Hammer wasnt purchased.

However, the heroes then opened the chest, finding 2 treasures: A suit of heavy leather and the same Dragontooth Hammer!

Note that Treasures drawn at the market remain at the market for the rest of the week - so the Dragontooth hammer should not have been back in the treasure deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good point. Thanks for that.

I think I messed up something bigger though too. After re-reading, I think I can move a Lt after I purchased him, which means my super Lt could have been at Greyhaven when the heroes moved through.

This would have meant that I could keep up the siege on Greyhaven, and also reinfore the dungeon they are currently in.

Big, big mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.