Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! I am somewhat a newbie to this site and gaming but I believe I pick things up pretty fast. I found out last week that this local game store was going to have their annual auction yesterday. I work on Saturday's but was able to get off early and get there three hours after they started. Luckily, my lovely girlfriend was super sweet and went to the auction early for me. She arrived a half hour early to look at the games they had for auction. I had given her my wishlist a couple of days before, as well as a price list of what I could find the games for online so she wouldn't bid too high. When she got to the auction, she was able to take pictures on her phone and send them to me while I was on my field trip for work. So, I am listening to the owner talk about his products and I have my bosses and fellow co-workers next to me and I am trying to use my Blackberry Storm to look up the games online as well as text my girl on which one's, that weren't on my list, I wanted. I was cursing the storm at that point because of the stupid clicking screen. It sounded so loud cause the speaker was quite. Ok, long story short, I had NO clue what a game auction was like until yesterday. WOW! I am still beaming. I couldn't believe how many games were there, how cheap they were sold for, and how fast it all went. I asked my girl to text me what games were being sold to let her know if I wanted them but she told me it was going by too fast. I didn't know what she meant until I saw it when I arrived later. It was a very magical experience. The only thing that perturbed me was when a game I had just bought a week earlier for $30 sold for $8. I know that they are used games but we were able to look at the boxes and contents beforehand and if the games had issues with them like missing pieces it was stated on there. So, it was a pretty safe way to buy used games. We bought games just cause they were a buck like Adam & Eva. My girl bought it when I wasn't there cause my name is Adam. Hahahaha...girlfriends. I obviously didn't win a lot of games I really wanted like the new game Giants, Shogun, Tikal, Dracula, and etc...I did get some sweet games though like Evo for 20 bucks, Pirate's Cove for 24 bucks, Pass the Bomb, Saga, Cranium Pop 5, Catan Geographies: Germany, The Settlers of the Stone Age, Domaine, Clans, Sword & Skull, Bean Trader, El Grande Decennial edition , Carpe Astra, Colossal Arena, and many more. I am so happy, I feel like a little boy on Christmas day right now. I just want to know other people's experience at auctions. Are they all like this? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill R
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it seems like Luckyass3 for a screen name fits I would have loved to have been there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EXACTLY why my name is Luckyass3. Lol. My lucky number is 3 and I believe in Karma. Sometimes you got truly appreciate the blessings life has to offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Evo for $20? I'm super jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoah, calm down, don't snort and post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I presume this was the Endgame auction in Oakland? It was my first time there, too, and yes, fantastic deals were to be found. After a while, I found that I internalized this new "fantastically cheap" pricing structure, so I let all sorts of fantastic stuff go by that I'm now kicking myself about.

Wallenstein? $22. Passed.
Tamsk? $13. Passed.
Wings of War? Two copies, each under $10. Passed.

What was I thinking? I'm not going to be able to pay retail for months now without thinking back to what I could have gotten here. Arg.

The very top tier games (PR, El Grande, T&E) went for $20-25. Good games went for $5-15. Stuff went for under $5. (I got Stack Market for $3.50).

For friends, I did buy Chang Cheng for $12, Ra for $14, Princes of Florence for $21, a Dungeoneer for $1, and Kids of Catan for $6.50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YUP! I agree...I am kicking myself on not getting Shogun or Wallenstein. I wanted the Arkham Horror and should have gotten an extra copy of Cash N' Guns cause you can always use more foam guns. My girl kept giving me looks cause of how many games we were getting. I was standing across from her by the games on the tables telling her when to bid and when to fold. I got pass the bomb just for the ticking bomb. I want to know when more auctions are held in CA for board games cause I travel all over. I am addicted now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I lost Cash n Guns by $0.50--should have kept bidding.

It was my first time, but I don't think there are many auctions like this anywhere in the country, and this one only happens once a year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
Is this the only place that has game auctions like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope not...I've seen auctions on here too. I was hoping for that same answer that is why I posted this forum. Anything in your area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.