Subject: Play Talisman Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Andersson
Sweden
Kalmar
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I´m looking for some rules for playing this game solo? Has anyone tried it or found some guide that makes this game fun to play alone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, there are no rules about playing solitaire, but I have done it several times; I simply take a character of my choice and I play alone in order to see if I survive until I reach the CROWN OF COMMAND space.

Of course, because there are no other players, you have to encounter ALL the "bad" cards without having some of them encountered by other players, so the FATE TOKEN can really help you ... and I suggest to pick a "strong" character like the warrior.

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can simply deal out X number of characters and pit them against each other. Since main thing is the Adventure deck, which remains a random element, you shouldn't have that much trouble running multiples. Only thing you know that you wouldn't (barring some characters) is what Spells each char has. For that, just go with casting the Spell as viewed purely from that char's angle. If X has Mesmerism, Y has a Follower you want to take, but also Counter Spell, when would X cast Mesmerism normally, if he didn't know of the CS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Or you can simply deal out X number of characters and pit them against each other. Since main thing is the Adventure deck, which remains a random element, you shouldn't have that much trouble running multiples. Only thing you know that you wouldn't (barring some characters) is what Spells each char has. For that, just go with casting the Spell as viewed purely from that char's angle. If X has Mesmerism, Y has a Follower you want to take, but also Counter Spell, when would X cast Mesmerism normally, if he didn't know of the CS?

I run multiples solo as well. 3 usually works best with my table space. I once ran a solo "tournament" with all the characters from the 2nd edition. The randomness of movement and cards makes it pretty easy to do multiple characters solotaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andersson
Sweden
Kalmar
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Okay I tried playing it with one character and when I finally got to the crown of command I realized that there were no opponents to use the spell at :-) So I declared that I had finished the game. I´m thinking of measuring the amount of rolls to see if I can finish it with less rolls than the time before..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Demodog wrote:
Okay I tried playing it with one character and when I finally got to the crown of command I realized that there were no opponents to use the spell at :-) So I declared that I had finished the game. I´m thinking of measuring the amount of rolls to see if I can finish it with less rolls than the time before..

I don't know if it will work ... rolls are used for movement so it is difficult to measure your performance because it depends heavily on the rolls.

Maybe is better to play every time with a different character (BTW you'll learn how a character work and how good is for future games against other players) and taking notes of the difficult or the times needed to finish the game compared to the preceding characters.

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Collins
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use a doom track ala runebound. Not sure how long the track should be tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only time I kept actual track of the # of turns in a game, CoC was reached on turn 43 (and got delayed a few turns on Dice with Death at least, with a quick look at the sheet). Game itself ended on turn 76.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.