Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I hate to admit it, but this year's Celebrity Apprentice has been one of my guilty pleasures. The last few weeks have showcased some of the most entertaining meltdowns in recent memory. First we had Dennis Rodman, now this...

The final ten minutes of last night's episode was a prime example. Melissa Rivers spent the previous one hour and fifty minutes whining about how her teammates (Annie Duke and some Playboy model) were out to get her.

Personally, I thought she deserved to stay. However, to make a long story short, Trump ended up pointing his famous finger and saying, "You're Fired!"

Melissa ended up practically running (er, hobbling, she was wearing an ankle cast) out of the board room. Yelling things like "whore!" and telling the producers "I'm not doing an interview!" Her mother, Joan Rivers, was watching in another room and also ended up quitting the show. She called Annie Duke a "Nazi" and said, "You're a poker player, that's beyond white trash!"

Hysterical stuff. I'm so ashamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part of the show was when Jesse James suddenly when off on Clint Black about his magazine ad!

NO ONE saw that one coming...laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't watched much, but my wife does (I catch snippets, and get updates via her). Melissa did get the shaft that episode, but that's not to say that she and he umbilical-attached mother didn't deserve it in the long run. Whether it was intentional or not, she was forced out of the picture that episode.

However, I do find it odd, when the particapants are shocked that everyone is trying to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Steven, the best part was when Melissa Rivers had a post-boardroom meltdown and we got to see behind the fourth wall as production personnel and such were exposed to loud vulgarities and the harsh glare of camera lights. I eat that stuff up with a spoon! Joan Rivers walking out with her daughter was the second best part. Only then did the J. James explosion start to register.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Sorry Steven, the best part was when Melissa Rivers had a post-boardroom meltdown and we got to see behind the fourth wall as production personnel and such were exposed to loud vulgarities and the harsh glare of camera lights. I eat that stuff up with a spoon! Joan Rivers walking out with her daughter was the second best part. Only then did the J. James explosion start to register.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen, tell the truth: You have lost some respect for Annie Duke while watching this show. How could you not? She spends at least 80% of all her time on camera explaining how great she is at this, that, and the other thing. It's not even like the producers are especially having to highlight it--it's just her normal mode of expression.

I have to admit, if all Nazis were as cheerfully self-centered as Ms. Duke, WWII would have been far less onerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I don't want to hear about this charity nonsense!"

Probably the single most intelligent line anybody has ever said on this or any other episode of celebrity reality shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Annie is showing as quite the manipulater. I'm beginning to think they are setting the stage for a Joan vs Annie Finale. What do you think? I just can't see a Annie vs Brande in the end since they are the bread winners in the show. There's gotta be more drama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlinghurly wrote:
Yeah, Annie is showing as quite the manipulater. I'm beginning to think they are setting the stage for a Joan vs Annie Finale. What do you think? I just can't see a Annie vs Brande in the end since they are the bread winners in the show. There's gotta be more drama.

From the beginning I just assumed that Joan had struck some deal with the producers to allow her to be on the show until near the end.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't paying too much attention ... what was the deal with the card handed to Trump?

All I remember was the outburst. (It's hard to tell which was more spectacular: the Melissa/Joan breakdown, or Carl Edwards' crash in the last turn at Talladega. At least no spectators were harmed from CA. At least, not physically.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.