Subject: Best way to shuffle races/powers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Smith

Cold Spring Harbor
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to figure out the best way to effectively randomize the races and powers. So far I've been overhand shuffling them, but since they're printed on both sides it's hard to do without looking at them. It also doesn't work as well with the smaller special power tokens.

I've tried putting them in the box and stirring them a bit, but again it's hard to stack them without seeing at least some of the more obvious ones like spirit.

Any neat solutions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about pulling them out of a bag? Crown Royal bags are handy for that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Thomas
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We put them in the empty box top and gently mix them around by hand with the box top under the table. We then blind draw them with the box top still under the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken to using a bag as well. I put both the powers and races in one, but I'd use separate ones if I had another bag available. Use something like a Crown Royal bag (as suggested above). Stylish and they last a long time! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shuffle them without looking. It's really easy for the races and requires some practice for the powers. To ensure to get new sequence of tiles, I use three different shuffling moves arrrh

I'm quite a skilled shuffler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good shuffling skills does help! The best thing about shuffling the powers is that - if you're good enough - you can riffle them like poker chips. Gives you the pyschological advantage on your oppos straight off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rumaley
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
(Trying to stay sharp by concocting hypothetical questions while waiting for the arrival of the Wells Fargo Wagon...)

Has anyone tried card sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.