Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

1960: The Making of the President» Forums » Rules

Subject: campaining in other regions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sprangers stefan
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
quick question about campaining in other regions then where your canditadtes token is.

1 is it allowed
2 if its allowed do i need to make an support check?
3 in the rules i read your candidate token should be moved to the state where you are campaining; do you have to do this or not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sprangers_stefan wrote:
quick question about campaining in other regions then where your canditadtes token is.

1 is it allowed


No. During a Campaign Action, you must place your cubes somewhere within the region that contains your candidate token.

Quote:
2 do i need to make an support check?


During a Campaigning Action, you only make support checks:
1--in the state where your candidate's token stands
2--in states your opponent is "carrying" by having 4 or more cubes there

There's also one nasty event that forces the Nixon player to make support checks in EVERY state as if Kennedy was carrying that state. That event affects any Nixon Campaigning Actions that are taken while the event is in effect.

Quote:
3 in the rules i read your candidate token should be moved to the state where you are campaining; do you have to do this or not?


Yes. The reason for this rule is the Gaffe event card, which zaps you for support in the state where your candidate token is standing. If that event has already been triggered, life is easy because you know Gaffe can't bite you. But before Gaffe gets triggered, it's risky to have your candidate token standing around in a state full of your cubes!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your candidate marker should move to the state you are campaining in. If you want to campaign in a different region you must spend one CP to move from one region to an adjacent region.

It really isn't necessary to move your marker to every state you campaign in within a region, just make sure you put your candidate marker in one of the states you campaigned in at the end of a turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
sprangers_stefan wrote:
quick question about campaining in other regions then where your canditadtes token is.

1 is it allowed


No. During a Campaign Action, you must place your cubes somewhere within the region that contains your candidate token.


This is incorrect. You are allowed to go to other regions but it costs 1 CP per region. Thus if you wanted to go from the west to the east it would cost 2 CP.

Quote:
Quote:
2 do i need to make an support check?


During a Campaigning Action, you only make support checks:
1--in the state where your candidate's token stands
2--in states your opponent is "carrying" by having 4 or more cubes there

There's also one nasty event that forces the Nixon player to make support checks in EVERY state as if Kennedy was carrying that state. That event affects any Nixon Campaigning Actions that are taken while the event is in effect.


1 should be in the state where your opponent's candidate token stands

Quote:
Quote:
3 in the rules i read your candidate token should be moved to the state where you are campaining; do you have to do this or not?


Yes. The reason for this rule is the Gaffe event card, which zaps you for support in the state where your candidate token is standing. If that event has already been triggered, life is easy because you know Gaffe can't bite you. But before Gaffe gets triggered, it's risky to have your candidate token standing around in a state full of your cubes!
[/q]

As well as the fact that your opponents must make checks if they are to try and put cubes in the state where your token is currently located.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sprangers stefan
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
thank you guys for the quick reaction
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
sprangers_stefan wrote:
quick question about campaining in other regions then where your canditadtes token is.

1 is it allowed


No. During a Campaign Action, you must place your cubes somewhere within the region that contains your candidate token.


This is incorrect. You are allowed to go to other regions but it costs 1 CP per region. Thus if you wanted to go from the west to the east it would cost 2 CP.


Actually, Dick was correct. As you say, you have to move to other regions in order to campaign there, so you cannot campaign in other regions than where you candidate's token is.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.