Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
Suggestion; what I still miss in BGG:
Some sort of planning module for gaming events.
I can't imagine other BGGers don't have the same problem.

Rationale: In our Guild, we plan a gaming day twice a year. To maximize play time, it would be handy to be able to make arrangements to play beforehand. Till now, we start a general thread and a geeklist. Games are submitted, comment are posted (varying "I'll join this one" to "what rulebook version is this" resulting in a lot of posts, barely no result and on the game day itself we first have to use the polder model to see what game hits the table with which players. Although 'poldering' can be nice and may even be considered some sort of meta-game (not by me!) it would be nice if BGG provided a tool which would eliminate this and free up valuable game time.

Features: What would be needed?
o The possibility to submit games like geeklists. Games can be submitted multiple times
o The possibility to attach your user-id to a certain game.
o The possibility to attach some sort of timeframe to the game (Like "we'll play this in the afternoon, this in the evening"), pref. with the option to move it. ("It's better to play this one in the evening, so player A & B can first join game X in the afternoon) . Very cool would be if the moving of a game automitically checks and warns if players are being 'double booked'by this change.
o optional: using the BGG game data, the module checks there are not more people subscribing to a game then possible .
o optional: another report showing, based upon the games and their subscribers, an overview which player plays what game in which timeframe.
o The possibility to add comments & such (like the 'ruleboo version' quiestion) without that sort of thing cluttering the planning.

Advantages This could be used from small scale events like ours to maybe something like BGGcon, to make arrangements prior to the event itself.

Still, this is just an idea, and I have no clue (yet) how such a tool would look like to actually work.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.