Subject: killing monsters in crypt that has items attached rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct that items on dead monsters are discarded? (I am not referring to monsters recruited into a party, just standard crypt encounters with attach item abilities).

Also, the revised ruleset mentions in monster death that treasures attached to monsters are also discarded. Is this true for crypt encounters? I saw a creature (don't remember the name of the monster) with the ability to attach a treasure in the crypt. Is this treasure discarded (NOT banked) when the monster is killed?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it from the rules clarifications I have seen, any Inn cards that were attached to a non-party monster are discarded, but any Treasure cards attached to a non party monster are kept in the crypt and can be banked once the crypt is cleared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's something from the official FAQ (in the "CRYPT RAIDING" section). This primarily applies to Monsters who have remained in the Tomb however, although I'm not sure why it would be any different for Monsters that are killed.

From the official FAQ:

"Q) What about cards that got attached to them?

A) Inn cards are discarded to their normal discard piles. Treasures that somehow got revealed and attached (i.e. Morghen Dythanus) are turned face down and mixed in with the rest of the remaining Tomb cards."

Also if the game rules are read literally, the party gains the crypt treasures after all traps and monsters have been defeated. This would also include any treasures that a monster used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dane.

You are obviously much more familiar with the rules than I am. I must have just overlooked that several times in the FAQ. I think there is some confusion because the "revised" rules (and I think a question on the AEG forum) refer to monsters that have been recruited into a party and are then killed. Also, I think the Player Aid has that wrong, too.

FYI, your ruleset is the best one available. Thanks for your efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more than happy to correct my rules thing if it turns out to be incorrect. But it was based off the FAQ and a rules clarification on the AEG forum from their staff, so I HOPE I've got it right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think that was a mistake in the unofficial revised, although all Monsters that attach Treasure specifically give the Treasure to the party when they die (iirc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.