Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would find it interesting based on the premise. I was suprised to find it very funny, good, engaging, and smart! It was also pretty action-packed and paced well.

My daughter loved it too. So, it is always a bonus/plus when a kid's movie scores well with adults.

I loved Mittens; she also had some of the best lines. The actress that gave her life, Susie Essman, did a fabulous job.

Oh, and Rhino was a riot!! For once, the goofy/comic relief character was well done, true to himself, and not just spouting 1-liners!!

I recommend it highly!!

Sooooooooooo, whaddya guys think?

I'd love to hear your opinions!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was 'meh.' I really dislike John Travolta, so it was hard for me to get over him. Not their best effort really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed it when I watched it in the theater. The pacing seemed a little off to me, but I rather enjoyed most of the dialog and the ending was touching. My girlfriend at the time even cried at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? What? Just this evening I saw Over The Hedge for the first time. I'm guessin' I got a lot o' catchin' up to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I thought it was 'meh.' I really dislike John Travolta, so it was hard for me to get over him. Not their best effort really.

I heard John Travolta doesn't like you either. Considering his new look... if I was you I'd have Chuck Norris with me day and night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I heard John Travolta doesn't like you either. Considering his new look... if I was you I'd have Chuck Norris with me day and night.

Bring it on Johnny Boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked it and look forward to adding it our dvd collection. Rhino as mentioned is an excellent character. As for Travolta, I was most of the way through the film before I even noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
My wife and I both enjoyed it. It was predictable, sure, but it had a cute story, and seeing it in 3D at Downtown Disney didn't hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
I really liked it and look forward to adding it our dvd collection. Rhino as mentioned is an excellent character. As for Travolta, I was most of the way through the film before I even noticed.

The same thing happened to me!! I looked at the DVD box (rental) more than halfway through the movie and was totally surprised that it was him!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:

So does your dislike for an actor prevent you from objectively enjoying/or not a film that they are in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

So does your dislike for an actor prevent you from objectively enjoying/or not a film that they are in?
Depends on why I dislike them. In this case, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

Wow, bummer for you Coldie!! I'm sorry! I can understand that!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

It's because of Battlefield Earth isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pleasantly surprised as well.

I'm not a big Travolta fan and this movie just didn't attract me - looked stupid and such. But I'm glad I gave it a try. My 3 year old daughter wanted to rent it and I'd have to say I got a lot more out of it than she did - and a lot more out of it than I expected.

And yes, I loved Mittens and Rhino too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.