aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year was my first Gencon, and we had a great time, but did everything wrong (hotel in east bufu, miles away, all events were taken full, didn't really have a plan).

THIS year doing it right. Have a hotel downtown. Registered early online, and finally planning ahead.

I'm usually a MTG and video gamer, but last year's con opened my eyes to the amazingly wonderful world of board gaming. I had no idea I liked board games so much (aka there's other board games besides monopoly/clue, etc)?

Since then, been smitten with Last Night on Earth, A touch of evil, Heroscape, Munchkin, you name it. Trying a bunch of stuff.

This year my list of 'HAVE TO DEMO and possibly BUY' includes:

1) Arkham Horror
2) Duel of Ages
3) Pandemic
*4) Descent
4) Shadows over Camelot
5) Battlestar Galactica
6) Lord of the rings games (war of ring, confrontation, lord of rings; i love the LOTR world)

Descent I'm most interested in, and will probably end up buying, but another huge question, if I'm a newbie just getting into this game, should I immedietly get the road expansion?

Other than THAT what other games are must demos? What is everyone else looking forward to demoing?

PUMPED ABOUT GENCON!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to demo Middle Earth Quest by fantasy flight, and they had scheduled events listed, but right at the last minute before pre-reg they took them down! So now I'm not sure if they are going to be demoing it or not, but I hope so. I'd also like to try the new Arkham Horror and Kingsburg expansions. I'll basically demo anything I haven't played before, as long as I have the time. Most of these game companies spend a lot of money to be at Gen Con, so its nice to at least give their games a fair chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've only got two games on my "must try" list and both are miniatures games:
Infinity
Ex Illis (not listed here yet, but it won Best of Show at GAMA)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to intrude here but I've already created a topic along similar lines and figured it'd be helpful to post it here, too.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3400260#3400260

I definitely want to demo Arcane Legions and FFG's new LCG, whatever it ends up being about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG ran a gameroom where they had gamemasters running most of those games at any given time. Sign up for an event. I think I'm working as a gamemaster this year again, so when you have some free time, and I'm not running a game, I'd be happy to show you those other games and give some explanation of them. Also, the FFG booth has lots of demos going at any given time. You should be able to taste any of those games. If I can help, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the gaming community and members here are like by far some of the nicest people I've met. thx much guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
the gaming community and members here are like by far some of the nicest people I've met. thx much guys.

You are most welcome and welcome to BGG! Hopefully I will see you at GenCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.