Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just had an opportunity to take a brief look at the scenarios. It would appear, unless I am reading it wrong, that the game can potentially go on indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so (for the campaign scenario) as there is no last turn but you win by accomplishment.

But you could say the same about baseball - and as far as I know, there isn't some baseball game still going on today from yesterday - let alone going on indefinitely...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
I guess so (for the campaign scenario) as there is no last turn but you win by accomplishment.

But you could say the same about baseball - and as far as I know, there isn't some baseball game still going on today from yesterday - let alone going on indefinitely...

Touchy on the time issue are we? ninja

Cool out anjin-san.

Just tryin to guage the potential length of a campaign game. The box says 4-20 hours. I am assuming that 20 hours represents your truly epic confrontation, perhaps a game with extra innings.

So how long would a 'typical' campaign game - the 9 inning variety -last?

btw: Game looks real nice and purty. I thinks I need some sushi and habachi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah - I always read worse than I mean...

Play the 30 turn game and you'll be fine.

As for how long, that really is unpredictable. You'll see when you play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, the endless scenario is the one in the Japanese version. I added the other two for western audiences.

I find the Japanese version very Asian and it is polite to concede...but I thought that would not be accepted by the Western World...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Avila
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
Go with god, and fight like the devil
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
BTW, the endless scenario is the one in the Japanese version. I added the other two for western audiences.

I find the Japanese version very Asian and it is polite to concede...but I thought that would not be accepted by the Western World...

Very appropriate...like a game of Go...matches between top players were known to last indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go can't last indefinitely. The board gets filled either with stones or "live" or "dead" spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KillerB wrote:
Go can't last indefinitely.

That depends. My sister tends to suffer from "analysis paralysis". Blokus can take well over an hour with her... I'd hate to imagine what a full game of Go would run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, in just a few posts we went from AMDT, to baseball, to Go, to Blokus.

The time to play these games definitely depends on the players and how well they know the game.

As for the asian concession stuff, I must be part japanese or something because I have no problem conceding a lost cause. No sense slogging through a swamp of futility and despair. Better to reset and go for some payback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.