Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody

After my first play of this excellent skirmish game, something has been bugging me:

Some of the spaces on the boards (for example board 1) are not the same size as the standard sized squares. Does this have an impact on movement? If you take the borders of the oversized spaces literally, it could mean that moving diagonally to another space from a certain corner is impossible.

And I have the same question with regard to the walls (red lines). Sometimes these lines stop at the corner of two spaces. Sometimes, however, they continue a little longer. Does this have an impact on movement, LOS, etc.? Or should I not take this too literally?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouchain Laurent
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hello Torquin

Consider all the spaces on the board like perfect squares. Sometimes, they are "smaller", but it's just for the design.

Consider all the tile has standard sized squares.

regards,

laurent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your quick reply Laurent!

Would you recommend the same for the walls (red lines)? Should I consider them to end exactly in the middle of two standard sized squares?

Thanks again,

Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouchain Laurent
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes. blush

The graphic designer prefered to modify the "grid". But for the game, use them like "perfect walls" between "perfect squares".

sorry for my english

laurent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that's a shame. I thought this was a clever way of showing that you couldn't move diagonally past these corners where the red line pokes out further from the intersection of the squares!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean. You could still play it that way though! Makes for some strategic movement :-).
Laurent, thanks a lot for your answers! And your English is just fine as far as I am concerned (and considering I am no native English speaker myself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.