Subject: 2 Advisor Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
1). I acquired Antipater. Can I apply his bonus to the current resupply turn?

2). I had acquired Callisthenes before accepting the "serpent" prophecy in the Issus campaign. I accepted the prochecy and completed it in the very next turn. I chose to discard Callisthenes (I kept Parmenion - that dude is worth his weight in 100 Gold!). I was able to get +2 Glory for completing the prophecy early (Gordion's knot).

Even though I am discarding Callisthenes, can I apply the +1 Glory bonus allowed for him before he leaves the area?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,
1. The rules say you can spend gold and glory during resupply and can switch back and forth during that segment (bottom page 11) so I see no reason why you cannot acquire the advisor and then put him to work right away! thumbsup
2. I think the answer is no since you have to discard the advisor to fulfill the prophecy which means you cannot apply his special ability to the situation. At least, that is my reading. Maybe DV can give a final ruling.
V/R,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Tim's correct. You would not get Callisthenes' bonus because he was discarded to complete the prophecy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks boys - I'll return Antipater since I acquired him with ill-gotten glory...wait until next turn! There's just the small matter of defeating Darius III and his 8-force army at Issus.

No big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.