Koby Shachar
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
It says: Love thy gamer
badge
I have nothing smart to say... yet
mbmbmbmbmb
In a two player game (with my wife) we run into a situation that no one wants to take the second moon since this will allow the other to take the third moon and more important the sun which will result in being the first on the next day.
I had enough Llamas to sacrifice in the temple of the sun for a 23 steps to advance (thus taking another card) and my wife had the supplies to buy the last virgin and end the game without letting me do that.

Did you run into such a situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you call this a deadlock. In your case I would understand if there was no sacrifice stone left that day on the Temple of the Sun, but if your wife had the proper resources she could already make her way to the House of Virgins on this day to buy the last virgin, which would force you to take moon tiles (or at least the second one, giving her the chance to grab the third) to try and stop her. Or did I miss something in your situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koby Shachar
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.

You are right, I didn't describe the situation well...
My wife had only 2 shirts but she took the moon with the shirt, that
would give her 3 shirts on the next day to buy the last virgin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never knew that Winnie the Pooh and Jessica Alba with a stripper outfit on could make friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
I never knew that Winnie the Pooh and Jessica Alba with a stripper outfit on could make friends.

LOL! There's a sentence you won't hear often! I won't even go near the combination of Jessica and 'teabag'...

Anyway, getting back to Koby: under those circumstances with 2 players I can imagine the deadlock, if she didn't have enough corn to buy a shirt at the market (or a spare resource to sell). She could move out and in of the market to bring the price of shirts down one by one, but you could easily undo that on your every turn (if you don't mind sleeping on the couch of course )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koby Shachar
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily this was hypothetical question... my wife had a great start at this game and was way ahead of me. At least I didn't spend the night on the couch.

Her victory was clear but we were wondering if there is a rule to solve this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.