Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this one in a geeklist somewhere and it looked interesting so I made a copy. I just printed it on generic printer paper and stuck them all into card protectors. I had one small issue...

Card protectors come in packs of 50 and there are 108 cards.

I had 100 blue backed card protectors and about 20 black ones. So I put the Options/Breed cards in the black protectors (though I've considered pasting them onto heavy cardstock or similar). That left me 101 cards and 100 blue card protectors.

I ended up putting a 1 Spear card in a black protector and it will be used as one of the spear cards dealt at the beginning so it's not in the draw pile. I think this will work ok. The player that has it should just always use it as their first 1 Spear they play.

Otherwise, I suppose, I could buy some more blue backed card protectors.

I look forward to giving this a try with my kids.

BTW, the rule about the Breed card was kind of hidden. Maybe in the rules you could break it into it's own section like the Options card rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
BTW, the rule about the Breed card was kind of hidden. Maybe in the rules you could break it into it's own section like the Options card rules?
Didn't seem so bad to me (except that now I see it could be Capitalized).

Two sentences: For the players whose hunting parties won the Option card, they get to choose one of the available option cards lined up on the side of the table. To the player whose hunter party won the breeding card, they get to draw a Spear card from the face down draw pile and add it to their band.

It is sort of like the Option card, except that it produces one direct outcome rather than a choice.

see also Simple Game Overview

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that the breed card isn't an Option card.

But, whatever, really not that big of a deal. Just something I noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.