Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on already!!!!

My mother-in-law is taking her TV back. The one she loaned us when our TV fried. Now we won't have one and we all enjoy sitting as a family and watching a movie. So we started saving and we're having a garage sale to raise some funds.

My computer died ages ago, but I saved the HD and stuck it in an external enclosure, so I have the data. It's dying. Another $80-100 I don't have to buy a new external drive. And now I'm frantically trying to backup all the pictures and irreplaceable stuff.

We would probably be fine, but we had dug ourselves a wonderful credit card hole when we were younger, so we cut them all up and have spent the last few years paying them off. So our credit is shot and we have no cards. On top of that I basically work to put my daughter in daycare, so we get by on my wife's salary.

I'm not really bitching, just venting about how bloody frustrating it is to have all this broken crap and no money!! I'm tired of only being able to cook on two burners on the stove! Not to mention I like spending time with my family and often times that is enhanced by the usage of money. You can only do so many walks to the park before it starts to get old.

On the plus side: the little girl starts school next year and our credit repayment plan ends and we just mailed off the last payment on my wife's car (which is also broken).

**sigh**
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
My mother-in-law is taking her TV back. The one she loaned us when our TV fried. Now we won't have one and we all enjoy sitting as a family and watching a movie.

Good news! You have more time to play board games with your family now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy, the TV will be hard to do without, no question.

But it's great that you're not going to go into more debt to feed the TV addiction, congrats on that!

have you thought about Goodwill? I haven't priced TVs there in a long time, the last one I bought there was $10, but I don't know how much they've gone up since. Still, it might be worth a looksee to get one to hold you over. or Craigslist??

My current TV is one the neighbor gave us when they moved and had no more room in the moving van. laugh

Good luck on this! I think it could be a fun challenge, doing without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hang in there.... with the kid in school, it'll help a little.

Like the internet, it's amazing what unchaining yourself from the television can do once in a while. That said, you might be able to find one on the cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.