Subject: Waiting for Sturm Europa! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, to bone up on my operational level strategic thinking I got Norm Koger's "The Operational Art of War" (PC). http://www.matrixgames.com/products/317/details/Norm.Koger%2...

Pretty good considering I've never been a real hard core war game person (mostly for lack of eager opponents).

What have you been doing to scratch that Sturm Europa itch?

Also, any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Waiting for Strum Europa!
Have you tried looking at Europe Engulfed or the Front Series by Columbia Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had been playing a buddies copy of Euro Front II with him at my local games night but he has disappeared due to work. That is actually what got me initially interested in Sturm Europa.

But the thing is that I really don't have any natural war game opponents in my local group or family, so I really don't want to start acquiring block games that I will only rarely play.

It just seems that SE is "the game". By which I mean, I believe it will have crossover appeal. And even if it does not, it seems like the one massive war game I would be willing to have on my shelf even if it does not get played that much.

My plan, though, is to burn through my group of "potential" war gamers with SE hoping to find a few that may actually play it regularly. If I burn them with one of the other block games I may not have as much success asking them to play SE.

We'll see how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörgen Olsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DetonatedManiac wrote:
Strum Europa.

With the best of intentions, I'd want to point out that it's Sturm - german for storm. I wouldn't have picked on it if you hadn't written it three times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jurgenaut wrote:
DetonatedManiac wrote:
Strum Europa.

With the best of intentions, I'd want to point out that it's Sturm - german for storm. I wouldn't have picked on it if you hadn't written it three times

- *quick edits* Like it never happened

Thanks for pointing that out, in my defense I am a horrible speller (even in English) and probably dyslexic...

**Edit** and a chronic editor

That said, let us never speak of this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
DetonatedManiac wrote:
- *quick edits* Like it never happened

Thanks for pointing that out, in my defense I am a horrible speller (even in English) and probably dyslexic...

**Edit** and a chronic editor

That said, let us never speak wirte of this again.
There, fixed it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.