Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of Wargames, but other good stuff as well.

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Board-Games-%26-Card-Games/2485-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age for $25 is pretty nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Agricola for $39.99!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleopatra and the Society of the Architects for $20
8 in stock as of this writing

Neuland $25
7 in stock as of this writing

If I recall they still have one of those sites where you can't see shipping until you are a good way through checkout (have to provide all your personal data)...

edit: add Neuland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richard
United States
Avon
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

What exactly happened with Cleopatra? It's a pretty good game, but I see it everywhere for $20-25 (i.e., half price). Was it just overproduced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
IndianaJohn wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

What exactly happened with Cleopatra? It's a pretty good game, but I see it everywhere for $20-25 (i.e., half price). Was it just overproduced?

I think you hit the nail on the head. FRED has been wholesaling it out at a fairly inexpensive price recently. I'd imagine it'll dry up in a couple of months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Some of the prices are still 50% more than the regular Funagain price (which is already inflated)!
See Alesia for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "clearance" prices for some of those GMT games (Men of Iron, Savannah, Alesia) is still higher than what GMT is charging for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
The "clearance" prices for some of those GMT games (Men of Iron, Savannah, Alesia) is still higher than what GMT is charging for them.

remember we are talking T&T here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Gringo(GMT) wargame for $25, Cleopatra for $20, plus the TTR Dice expansion for a mere $8. Not too bad at all, I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cantatta wrote:
I got the Gringo(GMT) wargame for $25, Cleopatra for $20, plus the TTR Dice expansion for a mere $8. Not too bad at all, I'd say.

and how much for shipping or did I miss a free ship option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I got excited when I first saw this then I realized shipping kind of kills it. The prices are only a few bucks below the price of fairplaygames.com and other sites with rock bottom prices AND free shipping. So ya if you save $10 ordering two games but then pay that much or more shipping.......

I guess its good if your the type that always does small orders and just gets stuck paying the shipping anyways, but if your willing to do a big bundle of games(as I usually do)these prices just arnt worth it. Its too bad I would have placed an order for Galaxy Truckers, Stone Hand, Cleopatra and a few others in a heart beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IndianaJohn wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Cleopatra is worth close to $50 just for the bits - it's an amazingly produced game, and a lot of fun for more casual gamers.

If anyone is on the fence, they should pick it up before this clearancing of apparently-overproduced stock goes away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
More than just boardgames are on sale.

I just ordered 2 gravity feed displays (36 boosters each) of Clone Wars Tactics for Star Wars PocketModel TCG. I almost ordered them two days ago, when they were $44.99 apiece. Today, they're $19.99 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:
I got excited when I first saw this then I realized shipping kind of kills it. The prices are only a few bucks below the price of fairplaygames.com and other sites with rock bottom prices AND free shipping. So ya if you save $10 ordering two games but then pay that much or more shipping.......

I guess its good if your the type that always does small orders and just gets stuck paying the shipping anyways, but if your willing to do a big bundle of games(as I usually do)these prices just arnt worth it. Its too bad I would have placed an order for Galaxy Truckers, Stone Hand, Cleopatra and a few others in a heart beat.

The shipping charge for T&T is kind of high. If you plan to do a big order, go over to Fair Play Games where they have free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewh63 wrote:
The shipping charge for T&T is kind of high. If you plan to do a big order, go over to Fair Play Games where they have free shipping.

or even funagain which gives free ship at $150 and they have Cleopatra for $20 as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Eagle Games who have it for $20 and free shipping is at $70.

(admittedly their selection is not as varied however)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, many of us here know that others aren't ever satisfied until shipping is always free.

Not everyone is able to spend $150 at a time on games. For much the same reasons why some complain about a lack of a quality FLGS.

Those who order 1-2 games at a time can still benefit from this promotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping was not too bad to my surprise.

$11.99 for three games being Stone Age, Cleopatra, and Key Largo ($15, which is the lowest I have seen). This is shipping to Michigan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for delayed response... my shipping charges were $11.67. Easily worth it considering how much I saved on the games themselves. It's just a good thing this kind of thing doesn't happen every day or I'd go broke pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:

Wow, lie much? T&T is $5 or more cheaper on each of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thats exactly what I would have done. I mean T&T even with the discount is only saving a few bucks per game if that in some cases so again the shipping really does kill this as a great deal when you TRUELY look at the price at both sites shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I just tried to place an order for two items... still sucky site design that I had to get to a payment method screen and enter my credit card number screen (unless you indicate you are using paypal) just to get the shipping screen (and that's after creating an account... should be able to get shipping estimates way before that by just entering zipcode somewhere). For two games (once being T2R Dice) shipping to Northeast was $12 via UPS... to me looks to be about $4 worth of "handling" out of that

It does look like it works out for folks (Cantatta I did check and it was a bargin even w/shipping) ordering the right stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilby wrote:
milgate wrote:

Wow, lie much? T&T is $5 or more cheaper on each of those.

Stick your foot in your mouth much? T&T lowered their prices since I posted that comment. Give me some credit for comparing before I posted, before accusing me of lying about something easily verifiable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleopatra out of print Re: Looks like Troll and Toad is having a big sale.
Our local game store owner told me a few months ago that they are no longer producing cleopatra because of the increased price of the many detailed miniatures and parts it comes with. The game is being clearanced out. The website also indicates it is going out of print.

It is a very fun medium weight game, and gorgeous eye candy too. It is very worth the money to pick up while it is still available. We play it a fair amount in our game club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.