Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: Infantry starts in a hex loaded on a transport.
Q: Can the infantry unload, not move, and fire?
Q: Could the transport fire, unload, and not move?

I guess the overarching question is whether unloading constitutes a movement if both (or either) the unloading unit and transport remain in the same space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
No on both accounts.

Unloading a unit renders it Ops Complete. The infantry basically moves out of the transporting unit (with or without the additional 1 hex) and leg units cannot execute moving fire.

By the same token, when the transporting unit fires it becomes Ops Complete, therefore it cannot unload on the same turn. No transporting units in WAW:EG are moving fire capable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. So loading or unloading constitute a "movement" action, even if neither unit actually moves any distance before or after the load/unload action. Bummer for the Russians in my current scenario. Looks like they're going to get nailed pretty bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In which scenario are you playing that would see there is a need to load and unload infantry onto an APC? I would love to try that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.