Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gjertsen
United States
Trent Woods
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it already answered that the locked doors do not stay locked. But do they even stay locked through the end of the Hero turn, or can another hero pass through the same door that was locked for the first hero on the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gjertsen wrote:
I saw it already answered that the locked doors do not stay locked. But do they even stay locked through the end of the Hero turn, or can another hero pass through the same door that was locked for the first hero on the same turn?

The Locked Door card only affects the single Hero that it was played on, only for that one specific turn.

So it would go something like this:

Billy's turn: Rolls die, moves to a doorway, tries to move through, Zombie player plays "Locked door." Billy's movement ends in front of the door. Billy has Exchange Items, Ranged Attack, Fight phases as usual.

Sally's turn: Rolls die, moves through the same doorway Billy was stopped by without trouble unless Zombie player plays another Locked Door.

Billy: *Rams shoulder.* "Oh my god, it won't open. We're all going to die!"

Sally: *Turns knob, pushes door open.* "Wuss."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gjertsen
United States
Trent Woods
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. And the humor. One more bit of dialogue:

Billy: *Rams shoulder.* "Oh my god, it won't open. We're all going to die!"
Sally: *Turns knob, pushes door open.* "Wuss."
Billy (channelling Napoleon Dynamite): Lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As an optional rule proposed in the Growing Hunger expansion you can treat Locked Door as remains in play. Try it, it's fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.