Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as in Bonaparte at Marengo artillery cannot shoot in consecutive turns, right? In order to fire artillery twice into the same locale, it must, for example, secure the approach and range at 9:00 am; bombard at 10:00 am; range again at 11:00 am; fire the second time at 12pm. Am I reading this correctly.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mickmick wrote:
Just as in Bonaparte at Marengo artillery cannot shoot in consecutive turns, right? In order to fire artillery twice into the same locale, it must, for example, secure the approach and range at 9:00 am; bombard at 10:00 am; range again at 11:00 am; fire the second time at 12pm. Am I reading this correctly.?

Yes, you are correct.

However unlike Bonaparte at Marengo, in Baptism at Bull Run you have the option of ranging with more than one artillery unit that is securing a particular approach, thereby allowing you to alternate ranging and bombarding with those artillery units and thus, bombard every turn.

You may want to consider reading the sidebar entitled "Range Artillery" on page 18 of the rules, which in addition to reviewing artillery ranging & bombarding also covers the concept of counter-battery fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I love this game by the way and would give an eyetooth to see it published. Totally my goof for failing to see the explanation on page 18.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.