Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perusing the rules that have been provided by Zev here at the Geek, unless I am missing something, there appears to be an error in the Final Scoring Example on the final page of the rules. It states that Brad owns three horses, including Last Chance, and that Last Chance won the race. Then it calculates his winnings, focusing on some money won from bets plus $70 for owning the second place horse, Slow Jenn. Doesn't he also get another $100 for owning the winning horse, Last Chance, as well?

Or, musing to self, perhaps there's a rule I am missing that you have to bet on the horse you own to collect winnings for finishing position (which I couldn't find it the rules and kind of doesn't make sense).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:
Perusing the rules that have been provided by Zev here at the Geek, unless I am missing something, there appears to be an error in the Final Scoring Example on the final page of the rules. It states that Brad owns three horses, including Last Chance, and that Last Chance won the race. Then it calculates his winnings, focusing on some money won from bets plus $70 for owning the second place horse, Slow Jenn. Doesn't he also get another $100 for owning the winning horse, Last Chance, as well?

Or, musing to self, perhaps there's a rule I am missing that you have to bet on the horse you own to collect winnings for finishing position (which I couldn't find it the rules and kind of doesn't make sense).

No, you are right, there should have been another $100 gained. We made too many changes to the example that we messed up. I'm trying to see if we can get it fixed in time. Otherwise...well, I hope the rulebook is clear enough that the final example is not needed.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev, this game will be a HUGE hit with my family. First time since I've returned to boardgaming that the wife was sounding excited about a game release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
filip de maesschalck
Belgium
lokeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game yesterday for the first time and noticed the error in the example too!

There's another omission in the rulebook. On page 5 there is a recap of the different actions one can take. One of the four possible actions is missing, namely:
d) Discard 2 cards (do not perform text action) for $5 from the bank. Only 2 cards may be discarded in this way per turn.

But that didn't stop us from having tons of fun with this amazing game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.