William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader Capture rule seems problematic to me.

It is better to keep your leader off of any hex with your units. That way the leader is less likely to die. The only disadvantage to having your leader alone is that if the leader's hex is entered then the leader must be placed with the nearest friendly unit.

Shouldn't there be a die roll to see if the leader is eliminated?

I have been considering keeping my leader behind the line everytime. Which also begs the question, is this how the leaders usually fought? Or were they at the front of their battle groups?

William
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
The leaders did indeed fight in the front line of battle, the game does not reward this behavior. Keeping your leaders out of harms way is the way to play. This is ahistorical.

The leaders are mounted and would be able to take off if threatened, so I'm ok with them being picked up and placed with one of their units. Otherwise there would have to be a leader withdrawal rules like Great Battles of History. This way is simpler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.