Subject: Parts List ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Grimm
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a hard time trying to find a detailed parts list for this game.

I have a guess, my copy is missing parts so I'm not positive. Can anybody tell me if this is correct or not ?

Game Board
32 City Markers
25 Partisans
13 Laser Complexes
4 - 6 sided dice
4 - 8 sided dice
4 - 10 sided dice
Reference Card
12 USA Laser Fire Markers
30 Western Invader Control Markers
30 Eastern Invader Control Markers
30 Southern Invader Control Markers
1 Large Tray
3 Small Trays
4 Armies (Red, Yellow, Green + Blue)
Each consisting of :
25 Soldiers
15 Hovertanks
12 Helicopters
12 Mobile units
8 Bombers

Any help is appreciated !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see what I can do. I don't have access to my copy of the game right now, but I've owned it since junior high and played the heck out of it so I've got a good idea of what parts you should have. It actually sounds like you've got a pretty darn solid set of the game.

Mr.Grimm wrote:

Game Board
32 City Markers - You need 30 of these.
25 Partisans - You need 24 of these figures.
13 Laser Complexes - And 12 of these.
4 - 6 sided dice - Perfect!
4 - 8 sided dice - Perfect!
4 - 10 sided dice - Perfect!
Reference Card - Perfect!
12 USA Laser Fire Markers - Perfect! One for each Laser Complex
30 Western Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!
30 Eastern Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!
30 Southern Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!
1 Large Tray - Yes.
3 Small Trays - Yes.
Each consisting of :
25 Soldiers - Each army will use 24 of these.
15 Hovertanks - Each army will use 12 of these.
12 Helicopters - Each army will use 9 of these.
12 Mobile units - Each army will use 9 of these.
8 Bombers - Each army will use 6 of these.

I believe all copies of Fortress America came with extras of all the various figures in the game - I assume so that we would have a few back-ups if the occasional figure got lost or broken over time - which is why you seem to have slightly more than you actually need.

Right now, off the top of my head, the only things that it appears you're missing are the deck of Partisan Cards and the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Grimm
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help ! And I actually do have the Partisan deck of 30 cards and the rulebook but forgot to include them in the list. Here's an updated version which can hopefully help other people. Any further corrections let me know.

Game Board
Rulebook
Partisan Card Deck - 30 cards
30 City Markers
24 Partisans
12 Laser Complexes
4 - 6 sided dice
4 - 8 sided dice
4 - 10 sided dice
Reference Card
12 USA Laser Fire Markers
30 Western Invader Control Markers
30 Eastern Invader Control Markers
30 Southern Invader Control Markers
1 Large Tray
3 Small Trays
Each consisting of :
24 Soldiers
12 Hovertanks
9 Helicopters
9 Mobile units
6 Bombers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:

30 Western Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!
30 Eastern Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!
30 Southern Invader Control Markers - Sounds fine!

Are you guys sure about this? Between what I see inventorying my game and what I've seen in another forum post here, it looks like 35 Yellow, 30 Blue, 25 Red is the usual distribution of the 90 control markers.

Or were there multiple printings with different counter sheets, so some sets have 30/30/30 and some have 35/30/25?

(PS: if I had 34/30/24, would that be likely to affect gameplay? Or would actually reaching the limit be exceedingly rare?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy G
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
(PS: if I had 34/30/24, would that be likely to affect gameplay? Or would actually reaching the limit be exceedingly rare?)

I would really like to know the answer to this as well as I am missing one western control token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. J. Hastings
United States
Olalla
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing one or two control markers shouldn't be a big deal. You aren't likely to run out, and even if you do there's no reason you can't use something else as a temporary stand-in.

Technically, it would be possible to run out even if you have the full number; it's just very unlikely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gessleta wrote:

I would really like to know the answer to this as well as I am missing one western control token.

I have both the MB and FFG edition of Fortress America. Both editions have 90 control markers, but only the FFG edition breaks down the mix as follows: 35 Western, 30 South, 25 East.

In my experience, it is highly unlikely that an invader will need every single control maker. If that should come to pass, it is very likely that the US player is in an untenable position (i.e. has lost or will lose soon) and substitute marker could be used instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob A
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
monstrooper wrote:
Gessleta wrote:

I have both the MB and FFG edition of Fortress America. Both editions have 90 control markers, but only the FFG edition breaks down the mix as follows: 35 Western, 30 South, 25 East.

In my experience, it is highly unlikely that an invader will need every single control maker. If that should come to pass, it is very likely that the US player is in an untenable position (i.e. has lost or will lose soon) and substitute marker could be used instead.

I just came upon this thread to check completeness of a mostly unpunched MB copy I picked up at Value Village. The counters for the MB are also of the 35, 30, 25 distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.