Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being new here,I am trying to find game groups near my area where I could possibly join. I do not have lots of experience in board games other than the usual suspects(risk,scrabble,atmosfear etc).
On the other hand I have since febuary started to add some more popular games to my collection.Battlestar galactica,Drakon 3rd edition,Starcraft the board game. I have also just ordered,Stone age,Fury of dracula and Colossal arena.
PS I am a 39 year old but only 18 at heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Feltham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Club listed under the UK FAQ http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Barnard
United Kingdom
Tadcaster
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
All aboard the 'B' Ark! Priority boarding for bankers and HR staff!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this link for a monthly games group in Garforth (5 miles SE of Leeds). Meetings are on the last Saturday of the month (or is it the 4th Saturday?); 2-8pm. Hugo mocc is the organiser.

http://garforttgamers.wordpress.com

Beyond Monopoly, York, (1st and 3rd Saturdays, 10am-6+pm) might be worth a visit if you're not too far west.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://www.leeds-nightowls.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live 10 miles from Skipton and 10 miles from Bradford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt & Laurel
United Kingdom
Harrogate
flag msg tools
mb
Rob,

Based on where you live, Beyond Monopoly! in York shouldn't be too difficult for you to get to. If you live anywhere near Horsforth you could get the train, via Harrogate, to York, as Beyond Monopoly! is a two minute walk from the station at the Railway Institute.

http://bmyork.pbworks.com/Find+The+Railway+Institute

I haven't been to the Garforth Gamers, but Hugo is a good guy and I'm sure will make you very welcome if you decide to go along.

Cheers,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Rob

There is a group of boardgamers that meet up at the Cottingley Con Club every Wednesday between 8pm and 11pm and we always welcome a new gamer.

There's normally between 4 to 8 of us and we play many different boardgames/cardgames.

If you are interested in coming drop me a personal message and I will give you details or you could just turn up, though the place is well hidden if you don't know Cottingley.

Regards

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyond Monopoly!
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Rob,

Our next meeting at Beyond Monopoly! is tomorrow, Saturday 6th June 2009. We really are just a few metres from the railway station in York, and your first day is free! You can come and go as you like during the day. We open at 10am, and we close at 6pm but we don't throw you out if you are playing something.

And we are genuinely York's friendliest boardgame club. You'll find lots of eurogames in our 250+ club collection, and other players bring in games too.

Hopefully, you can make it over. We meet on the first and third Saturday each month.

We also recommend you try Garforth, as above. Hugo is a great bloke, it's a very welcoming club. They meet on the last Saturday each month, and just celebrated their first birthday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
york would be a 4 hour round trip. that is far too far for me for 1 day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.