Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kantor
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me (since there's no downloadable and searchable pdf version), but there were a couple of things about event markers that we weren't sure about - including some gamey uses.

First, if the German doesn't trigger an event marker when an Allied unit is adjacent, what happens if it moves into the hex? )

And it seems that there are some rather gamey ways the German can take advantage of Event markers - stacking with them (that's often important since they are on critical hexes - but it seems odd that a unit might magically appear in the middle of an occupied hex), setting up directly behind them (which is a rather gamey use of them, since they don't really exist as such).

Since the markers are supposed to represent the chaos and confusion, it would seem to me that once formed units get up to where the event marker is (end a move in the hex or adjacent), it should be removed/placed as appropriate. (I'd assume zero-step units would disappear and be reintegrated with whatever their parent formation was.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Richardson
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
John, if an Allied unit moves into a hex with an event marker, the marker is not flipped (it's only flipped for moving into an adjacent hex).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kantor
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My point is that the allies should have a way of triggering event markets in order to avoid some of their gamey uses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.