Popular Tags: [View All]
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beats me.I've always loved it with four - but then, I rarely read reviews... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played with four. I'm surprised that three is more popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with both numbers (and with 2 as well) and I love them all. Great game, best of the (extended) Mystery Rummy series, IMHO. You should get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigBur wrote:
I was going to buy this as a gift for my stepdad, inevitably playing with my family which is a group of four, but I saw numerous people posting that three players was really what you should try to play it with. I read various reviews and even watched a video on the game, and I honestly don't see why it would be any worse to play with four players. Why do you think it might be worse with four instead of three?
Beats me. I figure...

--lack of control
Some people may believe having too many players is too chaotic, just like with dozens of other games out there.

--too long
my 1st game of WE, with 4p, with 3 of 4 players being new, but not new to Rummy took 2 hours. It WAS fun, but would only do again if the next game will be closer to the 60min playtime as indicated on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigBur wrote:
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I guess this is just a case of a misleading BGG player poll. Everyone I talked to here seems to think that it's great with four, so who knows?

I can see that several of my card-playing friends prefer it with 3 only. But I am not really a card shark, so I don't mind that it is slightly more chaotic with 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigBur wrote:
I was going to buy this as a gift for my stepdad, inevitably playing with my family which is a group of four, but I saw numerous people posting that three players was really what you should try to play it with. I read various reviews and even watched a video on the game, and I honestly don't see why it would be any worse to play with four players. Why do you think it might be worse with four instead of three?

Well my guess is that since there are only 7 of each Outlaw card there can be a bit hard to get the 3 needed to play the first set. Otherwise I don't see any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's a very good game. I'm trying to get the Mystery rummy games that are simmular to Wyatt Earp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.