United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying we should just take any picture with any animal, but some of them were board game related, and even quite 'artistic'. Now we're stuck with a gazillion meeple photos arranged in every way possible. Variety has gone right out the window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeples are so 2005..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
I'm not saying we should just take any picture with any animal, but some of them were board game related. Now we're stuck with a gazillion meeple photos arranged in every way possible. Variety has gone right out the window.

Hmmm...maybe you are not looking in the right places?

Check out the latest Picture Picks! competition
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42101

One cat picture is currently in the running for a win and a dog photo just entered the contest.

I don't personally understand the desire to have pictures of animals with boardgames myself, but they are certainly there for you to look at if that is what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Augusto Moreira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i can feel a meeplecist...respect for the meeples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you talking about? Seems we have a spate of pictures of sweater puppies lately....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really miss them . you can start tagging the pictures.

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/cat
http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/pet
http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
I'm not saying we should just take any picture with any animal, but some of them were board game related. Now we're stuck with a gazillion meeple photos arranged in every way possible. Variety has gone right out the window.

Or yet another photo with another random plastic animal on an Agricola board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

What I'd like to see is a photograph of every card in every game. Each an individual image, plus an individual image of the back of each as well for completeness.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

What I'd like to see is a photograph of every card in every game. Each an individual image, plus an individual image of the back of each as well for completeness.

Sag.

One sorely neglected area is the dice, it isn't truly complete until we have a photo of each side.

Oh, and a picture of each individual letter in the rulebook would be great while folks are at it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

I once had to decline such an attempt. Not only that, but the cards were also badly rotated: 6 GG in 10'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Plus each card should be photographed at different angles and submitted, so I know what it will look like if I rotate it 90 degrees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gregory duff
United States
Ft.Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree...an animal is much more interesting than a mammoth set of mammaries or creepy meeples....take my beautiful pet turkey, Gertie. She loves to pose with games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
chezzilla wrote:
I agree...an animal is much more interesting than a mammoth set of mammaries or creepy meeples....take my beautiful pet turkey, Gertie. She loves to pose with games...

She really needs to pose with Pick Picknic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

Plus each card should be photographed at different angles and submitted, so I know what it will look like if I rotate it 90 degrees.

And an animal should be in every picture of every angle of every card. A different animal for each card, perhaps taken from different angles. Yes, each card should be represented by a variety of pictures taken at different angles and posed with different animals. Perhaps a different animal for each angle of each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Hmmm...maybe you are not looking in the right places?

Check out the latest Picture Picks! competition
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42101

One cat picture is currently in the running for a win and a dog photo just entered the contest.

I don't personally understand the desire to have pictures of animals with boardgames myself, but they are certainly there for you to look at if that is what you want.
KrisVerbeeck wrote:

what still sucks is there won't be any new ones, so after you view those, then that's it. Oh well. You can't have it all here on BGG, tis true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
chezzilla wrote:

You certainly don't want HER to 'pose' in some "Photo OP" with that "Alaska" Governor! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.