Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking about the name, and it hit me...

FFG has been working with Games Workshop quite a bit lately, and I used to enjoy Heroquest and Warhammer Quest. Since they've now mentioned ME Quest will have a GM, I wonder if it'll be a Middle-earth version of Warhammer Quest? GW also has a huge line of ME minis that can be tapped, either by FFG or just players who want to make their own adventures.

I always wanted a ME version of Warhammer Quest, with the option for outdoor adventures as well, so I think it would be really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always good to pick a name that can be confused with an older product. cool

(But yeah, I'm interested in seeing this as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that was true, it should include full coop/solo rules too (randomly generated dungeons, and automatic monster generation/movement). That'd be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
Since they've now mentioned ME Quest will have a GM, I wonder if it'll be a Middle-earth version of Warhammer Quest?

Wouldn't a translation of Warhammer Quest to Middle Earth not have a GM?

Forgive me if I'm skeptical that FFG will publish a game as good as Warhammer Quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, it's been stated that MEQ will be a relatively simple game. MEQ will be to War of the Ring what WoW: The Adventure game was to WoW: The Board Game.

EDIT: But I may not recall correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
If I recall correctly, it's been stated that MEQ will be a relatively simple game. MEQ will be to War of the Ring what WoW: The Adventure game was to WoW: The Board Game.

EDIT: But I may not recall correctly.

Egads, I hope not. I really like both WoW games, but I'm hoping for more of a Descent type game, which seems more likely since it'll have a game master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harv wrote:
Whatever this game is, I hope it has some of Arkham's dark theming instead of Runebound's World of Warcraft adolescence. I don't want to see any weapons bigger than my character and absolutely NO hot elf chicks in bikinis.

Yeah, hot naked demon chicks are way more cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Warhammer Quest and I hope ME Quest is not like that. Don't get me wrong, WQ is a great game but it also requires the purchase of additional miniatures if you want to fight various creatures besides the ones included in the box. WQ can be a money grabber (just like most other GW products).
I hope ME Quest can stand on its own with what comes in the box or with future expansions (like Runebound or AH)you may purchase at your leisure.
I guess we will just have to wait and see for the review once it's released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Hillep
Estonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it's not "Gandalf: the journey in the Middle-Earth."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Don't get me wrong, WQ is a great game but it also requires the purchase of additional miniatures if you want to fight various creatures besides the ones included in the box.

Not really, you can just use the figures you have to stand for whatever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.