Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
(theme will be pasted here)

Evil (3):
Big Wolf - Shares a chat room with Bad Wolf. Is evil and kills people. Xandryyte, D4.
Bad Wolf - Shares a chat room with Big Wolf. Is evil and kills people. Umfpt, D5.
Little Cub - When/if first wolf gets lynched, the cub becomes a wolf. Does not count towards parity unless promoted. Before promotion, Seer will view the cub as "not wolf". Little Cub does not know the wolves and is not aware of being a cub. Bless his heart. TheBannister, D3.

Good (8):
Seer - Views one player each night, results are wolf/not wolf. Seer gets a random negative n0 view (meaning that as the game starts on Day 1, the Seer knows of one not-wolf-player).Lukie, N4.
Martyr - Each night the Martyr can protect one player from being killed by the wolves. If the player the Martyr is protecting gets targeted by the wolves, the Martyr will die instead. The Martyr cannot protect the same player two nights in a row. Valkerie32, N3.
Six Villagers - Ordinary villagers. Have no special powers but hopefully deductive skills. Erlend, D1. Maeve_1981, N1. Bobthesnake, D2. Dekal, N2.

Lynch: 12:00pm BGG
Night Action: 1:00pm BGG
Times are Euro-friendly whistle

Victory conditions:
Evil win if they achieve parity.
Good win if they kill all the wolves.

Additional rules:
Full role reveal on death.
Mod is human, votes timestamped after 12.00 will not count.
Please refrain from talking during night, the village is asleep, only the wolves are awake.
Time stands still on weekends. Go see your friends and family. Step away from the computer. Now.
Longest held last vote will be used as tiebreaker.

Many thanks to bigfluffylemon for helping me out with the balance. Any faults are mine, not his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - design phase
Player List According to Cassandra:
Bobthesnake
Dekal
ElAdoranSureshot
Erlend
Lukie
Maeve_1981
RoldLampin
TheBannister
umfpt
Valkerie32
xandryyte

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4042...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - signup open - rules still subject to change
Testing to see if *this* makes the threadname change in the forumview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did it?

I believe you need go in to edit your first post, then you can edit the title while there.

You can sign me up if you need a warm body, but I'll leave it in case some one new wants the spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At a first glance, this seems a little too village-friendly.

'Standard' beginner WW tends to use 2 wolves, 1 aux, 1 seer and 5 villagers. You've upped the number of goods (and included a good special) without increasing the wolves' power to compensate.

Note that the martyr really only has one target - the seer. In a small game the seer will typically reveal day 2 and die night 2. In this game the seer will live through night 2 and have three views.

Another way to look at it is the village can mis-lynch three times and still win, whereas they only need to correctly lynch twice in order to win. The number of mislynches and correct lynches allowed should be equal in a balanced game (it's a rule of thumb rather than absolute precision, but a good guide).

If you want to stick with 11 players, the easiest way is to up the power of the wolf team a notch, for example by making one of the wolves tough or brutal, or by making the aux evil a 'promotable' wolf cub who becomes a wolf under certain conditions (such as when the first wolf is lynched). That ought to make things fairer.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
Did it?

I believe you need go in to edit your first post, then you can edit the title while there.

You can sign me up if you need a warm body, but I'll leave it in case some one new wants the spot.

I tried editing the first post, and changed the subject, but it didn't take. Perhaps I was just impatient. Threadname did change with post #3 tho.

Feel free to sign up. The list is all empty as of now. I'm not even sure there's demand for a newbie game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfluffylemon wrote:

'Standard' beginner WW tends to use 2 wolves, 1 aux, 1 seer and 5 villagers. You've upped the number of goods (and included a good special) without increasing the wolves' power to compensate.

Note that the martyr really only has one target - the seer. In a small game the seer will typically reveal day 2 and die night 2. In this game the seer will live through night 2 and have three views.

Another way to look at it is the village can mis-lynch three times and still win, whereas they only need to correctly lynch twice in order to win. The number of mislynches and correct lynches allowed should be equal in a balanced game (it's a rule of thumb rather than absolute precision, but a good guide).

If you want to stick with 11 players, the easiest way is to up the power of the wolf team a notch, for example by making one of the wolves tough or brutal, or by making the aux evil a 'promotable' wolf cub who becomes a wolf under certain conditions (such as when the first wolf is lynched). That ought to make things fairer.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback.

As to your suggestion, if I stick with 11 players, should I only go with one of the options or can I feel free to mix and match? One though and one brutal etc... and can the aux be a sorceror AND a cub? Well, ofc the aux CAN, but is that against some golden rule or whatnot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
bigfluffylemon wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback.

As to your suggestion, if I stick with 11 players, should I only go with one of the options or can I feel free to mix and match? One though and one brutal etc... and can the aux be a sorceror AND a cub? Well, ofc the aux CAN, but is that against some golden rule or whatnot?

I'd just pick one option to balance things out.

The aux probably shouldn't be both a sorcerer and a cub. At the very least, they should lose the sorcerer 'view' ability upon promotion, otherwise you'd have a wolf who could view for the seer. That said, in a game this small the chance of the sorcerer getting a 'hit' before the seer reveals him/herself is quite low anyway.

Personally I'd go for the wolf-cub (who isn't a sorcerer), but that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfluffylemon wrote:

Personally I'd go for the wolf-cub (who isn't a sorcerer), but that's just me.

Works for me.

Only one detail regarding the cub tho, would s/he show up as wolf to the Seer before promotion? And does the cub count towards parity if unpromoted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For parity, no, that's kinda the point.

As for whether they show up to the seer, usually not, but it's up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - signup open
Great stuff. I'll go with this then Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, welcome If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
residue as mod? I SO gotta be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekal wrote:
residue as mod? I SO gotta be there!

Finally, a chance for me to screw up an entire game.

Btw, if people want a smaller game with fewer roles, just discuss it among yourselves and come to some sort of consensus. I'm perfectly willing to simplify this, perhaps remove the martyr and the cub or some like that.

Also, hi to Erlend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 8 more
You could try something wack and make the cub un-selfaware. Other than such a suggestion I think the balance are good enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 8 more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richards
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 7 more

Not available to play until May 18th, if you want to start early, please replace me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 7 more
zaloth wrote:

Not available to play until May 18th, if you want to start early, please replace me

Welcome and noted. If the game fills up way before May 18th, I'll just kick you out and take in someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 6 more
Guess my suggestion crumbled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekal wrote:

Maybe he assumed you were drunk when you made it? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Dekal wrote:

I saw your picture Dekal. I don't know wheter to send you to AA or invite you into my van. You want candy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekal wrote:
You could try something wack and make the cub un-selfaware. Other than such a suggestion I think the balance are good enough

Honestly I kind of missed it

What does other people think? That cool with the balance and rules and whatnot? Personally I like it. I imagine it freaks out the cub when s/he gets promoted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Beginner's Village - Signups - need 4 more
residue wrote:
Valkerie32 wrote:
Dekal wrote:

I saw your picture Dekal. I don't know wheter to send you to AA or invite you into my van. You want candy?

I love candy cool If I can brush my teeth beforehand - I'm very cautious you know.

residue wrote:
Honestly I kind of missed it

What does other people think? That cool with the balance and rules and whatnot? Personally I like it. I imagine it freaks out the cub when s/he gets promoted.

That's why it would be imba. Imagine a villager fighting and fighting in order to get a wolf hung, and then afterwards only to see "AAARGH"

Besides, a werewolf should not now he's a werewolf before he's actually biiig and hairy and dangerous for real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.