Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Age of Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions. Shipping using someone else's track and eliminated player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I've got some doubts about a couple of rules, I would appreciate your help.

1. Can you ship a good even if the first segment involved is not yours? Or is this forbidden, as in Railroad Tycoon?
2. Lets say somebody went bankrupt. He left some finished lines, and one unfinished. The finished ones are left where they are, and can be used by someone else as usual. How about the unfinished track? Can it be taken over by some player, or it also stays there as is it for the rest of the game?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asur wrote:
1. Can you ship a good even if the first segment involved is not yours? Or is this forbidden, as in Railroad Tycoon?

They are two different games. In AoS you may give ALL income to someone else - although it is not adviseable
Quote:
2. Lets say somebody went bankrupt. He left some finished lines, and one unfinished. The finished ones are left where they are, and can be used by someone else as usual. How about the unfinished track? Can it be taken over by some player, or it also stays there as is it for the rest of the game?

As per the rules, a player token on unfinished track sections are removed at the end of any turn in which the player didn't extend this section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

They are two different games. In AoS you may give ALL income to someone else - although it is not adviseable

Indeed. Ok, thanks Mik.

Great Dane wrote:

As per the rules, a player token on unfinished track sections are removed at the end of any turn in which the player didn't extend this section.

So when someone gets bankrupt, you don't remove their tokens from his track sections? Ah, I see, it makes more sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asur wrote:
Hello. I've got some doubts about a couple of rules, I would appreciate your help.

Yes you can. If it isn't mentioned in the AoS rules, I'd suggest not trying to invent new rules based on other games.
Quote:

Like any other unextended unfinished track, it becomes unowned (remove the ownership marker) and then other players can claim it by extending it.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asur wrote:
So when someone gets bankrupt, you don't remove their tokens from his track sections? Ah, I see, it makes more sense now.

It would disrupt the game too much if the tracks were removed.
And it would make it too easy for the next players to claim these tracks if they were left unowned.
So it is better to leave them as is, with the income going to a non-existing player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Yes you can. If it isn't mentioned in the AoS rules, I'd suggest not trying to invent new rules based on other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
And it would make it too easy for the next players to claim these tracks if they were left unowned.
So it is better to leave them as is, with the income going to a non-existing player.

That's great. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asur wrote:
thepackrat wrote:

For example the question a month on whether the new cities could only be placed on the board in strict alphabetical order. If you're going to try inventing random rules, expect things to get seriously weird when you start using some of the more exotic maps.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
For example the question a month on whether the new cities could only be placed on the board in strict alphabetical order. If you're going to try inventing random rules, expect things to get seriously weird when you start using some of the more exotic maps.

Yeah, thanks for the advice.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Asur wrote:

And how would someone claim these tracks as they would be finished (noone could extend them to claim them)? So it doesn't make the difference if you remove all their tokens or just those from unfinished tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.