Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions, using the occupation square and sowing multiple fields rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wasp Factoryman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Finally got around to playing Agricola after the birth of our second daughter (Poppy) five months ago. It's been pretty much Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne until last weekend when we both felt it was time for something with a little more mass! We have played 3 games thus far (2 - 1 to me) and agree it's a hit. I have two questions though. Sure the answers obvious but we can't agree.

1) When you activate the 1 Occupation square does it allow you to play ONE occupation card from your hand for free then in subsequent turns it costs one food to play an occupation (one occupation card per turn). OR, does it allow you to play multiple Occupations from your hand on the same turn providing you pay one food for each one after the first free one?

2) When sowing can you sow multiple fields providing you have enough wheat or veg? In other words, if I have three fields and three wheat I can sow all three fields in my turn. My wife thinks you are tied to one field per turn.

Thanks for the help. Great game, still chasing our tails when it comes to feeding the farmers though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rule questions...
Jonathan Ward wrote:
1) When you activate the 1 Occupation square does it allow you to play ONE occupation card from your hand for free then in subsequent turns it costs one food to play an occupation (one occupation card per turn). OR, does it allow you to play multiple Occupations from your hand on the same turn providing you pay one food for each one after the first free one?

One action = 1 card

First card played by each player would be free, but only 1 card may be played per action/turn. Second card (in another turn) from each player cost 1 food etc.

Quote:
2) When sowing can you sow multiple fields providing you have enough wheat or veg? In other words, if I have three fields and three wheat I can sow all three fields in my turn. My wife thinks you are tied to one field per turn.
You may sow as many fields as you have seed for.

Notice how each card/space says "1" every time you can only do it once:

= "Plow 1 Field and/or Sow"
If you could only sow 1 Field it would say "...and/or sow 1 Field"

Congratulations with the kid, btw!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
...First card played by each player would be free, but only 1 card may be played per action/turn. Second card (in another turn) from each player cost 1 food etc.

This is correct, with the qualification that there are several Occupations that alter this rule.

Quote:
...Congratulations with the kid, btw!

I'll second that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
This is correct, with the qualification that there are several Occupations that alter this rule.

As with Cosmic Encounter, I think that qualification has to be assumed with pretty much every rule in the game. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Limey Sponge wrote:
MisterG wrote:

As with Cosmic Encounter, I think that qualification has to be assumed with pretty much every rule in the game. laugh

Good point. Pardon me whilst I say, "Doh!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.