Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Is BSW Dominion start order random? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tokelau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played 4 matches against the same guy and every match he went first and every game he won by one province card except the second match where I beat him with a gardens deck by 3 points.

I got sick of it and left after the fourth but now I wonder if I was just unlucky on the start order or if the host can somehow be start player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the command "/option start 1" to make sure Seat 1 will go first. If someone uses this command I think it gets echoed to the console and when the game starts it will say something like:

"The game begins (started by so-and-so) and so-and-so goes first."

Without this option the start player is random and has nothing to do with the host.

If you're playing a set of games against the same opponent, you could agree to let the losing player go first and set it with the "/option start" command before each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If "draw seat" is selected, then the seating order is changed at the start of each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
If "draw seat" is selected, then the seating order is changed at the start of each game.

Note that "draw seat" is meaningless in a 2-player game (unless you really like the location of your name/play area to randomly shift from game to game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 3 games against a guy today and 2 of the 3 he had a 5/2 start. I thought that was odd. I did win 2 out of the 3 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:

If you're playing a set of games against the same opponent, you could agree to let the losing player go first and set it with the "/option start" command before each game.

Also, if you're losing over and over to the same opponent, try a different strategy....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

Also, if you're losing over and over to the same opponent, try a different strategy....

...or a different opponent. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

...or a different opponent. devil
Or, create a 2nd user, log both you and THAT 2nd user, and have the 2nd user take one fall after another arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.