Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing my first complete mission, trying to get a grip on the rules but I am currently stuck with a question on sniper that I throw to this forum for help.

I have a card on the second row were an unspotted sniper has appeared and it is firing to a card on the first row but on another column (see below)

Card3,1 Card3,2

Card2,1 Card2,2(sniper?)

Card1,1(unitA) Card1,2

I move another unit(B) to 1,2, but the sniper keeps firing at 1,1.

Card3,1 Card3,2

Card2,1 Card2,2(sniper?)

Card1,1(unitA) Card1,2(UnitB)

Then I move the unit (B) to 2,2 even though the Sniper is unspotted.

Is this possible?

The sniper is still unspotted? Does it keep firing to 1,1?

When the unit B moved to 2,2 there was a PC marker, I draw for contact and, I draw a contact, an enemy squad in front.

Card3,1 Card3,2(squad)

Card2,1 Card2,2(sniper? UnitB)

Card1,1(unitA) Card1,2

Is this contact possible? As I see it I cannot draw for other contacts as any contact would imply firing to card 2,2 where the sniper is, but I don't want to simply not draw a contact as the PC is an A an I feel like cheating if I simply avoid this contact.

The squad fires to card 2,2, correct? The fire affects both the sniper and Unit B?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
>Is this possible?

Yes

>The sniper is still unspotted?

Yes

>Does it keep firing to 1,1?

No, units automatically shift fire to their own card when entered by enemy units

>Is this contact possible?

Yes

>The squad fires to card 2,2, correct? The fire affects both the sniper and Unit B?

Yes

Thanks
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ben! Keep safe, and thank you for fighting for a safer world for everyone even if in Europe is not popular!

(side note 4 out of 5 I am getting the hang on the game!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:

>The squad fires to card 2,2, correct? The fire affects both the sniper and Unit B?

Yes

Just to be sure that I understand this correctly: in this case, where you resolve a PC marker from a card all ready holding enemy unit(s), the resulting enemy unit(s) will be targeting this card and as such also the enemy unit on it, meaning that this is a way to get enemy units get targeted by their own squads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher:

I think the answer is yes. There are two rules in conflict:

- Firing to the unit that triggered the PC vs not firing your own units.

I feel that giving more strength to the first one is more correct, as in war firing at your own units often happens.

Also note two things, in my particular case it was a sniper, and unspotted, maybe his colleagues didn't know he was there.

And, if the newly placed unit does not fire to the triggering unit you may end up getting rid of a PC for free, and that is definately too gamey.

Those are my two cents, lets wait and see if Ben, Ricky or Gene can answer the question for us (or if someone can cross post it at consimworld).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.