Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game today, but I was a little let down by the maps. Mainly, they seem a little thin in comparison to other games I have (including Hammer of the Scots). Has anyone had any problems with them falling apart, and does anyone know any good measures for taking care of them? I'm considering having them laminated or something, but I'm not really sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should hold up with reasonable care. There are quite a few maps in the game system no no single maop should get used that often (unlike Hammer of teh Scots where you'll use the same map every time you play). It's important to be able to match the boards up and laminating might get in the way of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4ndrz wrote:
...does anyone know any good measures for taking care of them?

"Plexiglass" is the way to go; the maps look great under it and the blocks even sound good as they move across the plexi. The maps may seem "cheap", but they have a unique aesthetic and they're quite functional, and with the plexi there's practically no wear on them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Blackburn
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I second the motion on plexiglass. I have a whole slew of mint condition gameboards that are 25-30 years old and up because of them. You can pick them up at any large housewares store (home depot, lowe's, etc) for dirt cheap and in almost any size combination you can think of. I have 8 smaller sheets in the 11x14" range and a couple of 18x24" sheets and a few 20x32" sheets. I have never not been able to cover the whole board plus some game charts, although I haven't tried them out with my BattleMasters vinyl map (I had a few really large sheets of glass for them). They also are resistant to sliding around on the map surface so they usually stay right in place. Try it out. I even have three complete sets of maps for Wizard Kings and they work great under the plexiglass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.