Popular Tags: watching [+] BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As promised I will start a new round of BSG on my own. I hope Brian is not angry, that I borrow his rule set for this online game.

Invitations will now go out to the players of the first BGG-BSG gaming round:

Aging One (checked in)
ColtsFan76 (checked in)
Anoir (checked in)
DaveD (checked in)
seiyaaa (checked in)
StatSig (checked in)

A few rules governing this game:
0) SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD.

1) I will moderate this game, take care of all game status updates through Photoshop, distribute all cards, and be arbitrator of any disputes. I will not particpate in the game play.

2) As previously stated, all players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

3) We will follow the FFG rules as best as possible, consult the latest FAQ as needed, and contact Corey on major issues that can not be resolved. This includes drawing for characters, secrecy rules, etc. Given the time it takes to get a return email back from Corey, I may have to make working rulings to keep the game flowing.

4) I am using Excel to randomize the cards in each deck. I will also use Excel to randomly generate a die value when that is necessary.

5) I will use GeekMail to send out all private information (such as type of Skill cards drawn, and type of Skill cards played into a check) but all other info will be public in this thread (such as quantity of Skill cards drawn, and title of Crisis card drawn). Direct player to player communication is discouraged (since I can't monitor it anyway) so all communication should be in the forum thread. Anyone can comment in the threads (including non-players) but players must discern what they listen to and what they ignore! However, please be courteous and treat players as you would be treated in your own games.

6) Once a turn has been completed, I will post the summary of the turn and the graphic of the game state in a GeekList.

7) Since the game state requires some work and Photoshop, I project only being able to complete a player turn a day, with a skill check taking an extra day (as I have to be at home to take care of that stuff). I will do my best to respond with card draws and other intermediate game maintenance through-out the day. If play moves quicker, I will try to keep up.

8) Rules are also subject to change if FFG gets heartburn over anything posted. I have a pretty good relationship with some of them and I don't want to do anything to strain that.

9) It has proven useful in previous games to change your avatar to your character. if you don't have GG for an avatar, begging has proven useful! If you can't upload an avatar, no worries. Some of the other threads have used the method to post pictures before posting so they can be identified (both in game and well after if any reads these threads again).

In general, this is how turns will go:
("GeekMail" indicates private communication to only me and "Post" means public communication on this thread)

1) I will send you a GeekMail stating which Skill cards you drew. If you have a choose in the matter, please Post how many of each type you want.

2) After you receive your cards, Post your Move and your Action along with any Applicable Interrupt (Skill cards or Special Abilities). Announce if a Skill Check is necessary. All orders should be in BOLD once finalized in order for me to execute them. I will assume anything NOT in bold is still open for discussion and subject to change.

3) When a Skill check is necessary, in player order, Post the quantity of Skill cards you are playing (if any) and immediately GeekMail the type of each. Once I have collected all Skill cards, I will randomly add two from the Destiny deck and declare the outcome. Time limit on skill checks is 12 hours before I continue the game.

4) If "interrupt" cards/abilities are played, it is each player's responsibility to declare when they want to use them. I may prompt for them the first few turns until we are comfortable that it can be handled fairly. (This will affect when I play Destiny Cards). Interrupts can be played in any player order (typically the current player has first call) and any disputes are resolved by the current player's choice.

5) I will Post the Crisis card, the current player (or appropriate player) will Post the choice. Skill checks will be handled as above. I will use Excel to randomly generate dice rolls.

6) If ships are to be activated, the current player will Post each "sector" to be resolved and Post any other decisions that are necessary. I have identified each space section with numbers and each Centurion with a color for easier communication.

7) If you are over your hand limit, GeekMail which cards are to be discarded.

8) If any choices are to be private, I will GeekMail the choices (such as the 2 destination cards for the admiral, etc.).

9) I will do my best to remember special Character abilities but I appreciate the reminder when your character comes up. I will not pause for "once per game" abilities so please be alert as to when you may be wanting to use them.

10) If we get tangled, I will rewind the current turn as best as possible. Any mistakes from previous turns not caught during that turn are locked and will not be replayed.

11) You may leave me with Conditional Crders (COs), especially in the sense of Skill checks, that I can activate when your turn comes up.

12) If anything seems questionable, please GeekMail me before Posting.

13) Any rules posted on the original threads (Game 01 and 02) are applicable here.

14) Have fun and good luck!

Once everyone has checked in and our crew is full, I will randomize player order and we will select characters.

I expect everything to be set-up by next week, so play will then start as planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm in! Files were sent to you just a minute ago so let me know if you don't get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Salutes.* Reporting for duty once more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall be ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I thought it would be a 7th game, not ours! Of course, I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on already!
Not so good for my productivity at work, but great news!

Just wanted you guys to know that I bought the DVD-set because of your first game. So far it is everything I hoped for - and it's fun that I feel I know some of the characters already because of their game "stats".

Anyway, game on and let's have humans win this time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falke wrote:

Only if I'm on their team. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Falke wrote:

Only if I'm on their team. devil

Yeah, here's to hoping that I am human this time around. Being a Cylon is fun, but sometimes it gets nerve wracking! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am resurrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, Anoir! I owe you a trip to the Brig! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Come on, Anoir! I owe you a trip to the Brig! devil

Other than the food. It's not so bad in there. You don't have to risk your life in a viper or try to please the people as a politician or even make decisions for the ship. Really it's the smart people that go to the brig

Let's get the party started guys. I'm totally in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't you still missing someone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:

Yeah where is 1010?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anoir wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:

Yeah where is 1010?

Either an oil bath or he is still plugged into the wall socket!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He'll show up 33 minutes after we start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's a very busy cylon, harassing all those other Galacticas out there, but I'm sure he'll be along as soon as we're ready to leave the colonies.

Edited to remove egregious apostrophe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone on board? Fine! May I now see your identity cards, please?

Order of play:

ColtsFan76
Aging One
Anoir
DaveD
Seiyaaa
StatSig

## Please choose and post character, ColtsFan76 (Brian), you have the free choice.

And as soon as I figure out, how a *&$§+ geeklist is created, I will use one to track the game, as Brian did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question.

Will we be putting images in our posts like other threads have adopted or just use the avatars.

Personally I prefer just the avatars but if people are going to read these threads in the future it won't make much sense when we change our avatars.

Especially quotes like this:

Alex40K wrote:
Oh shit, please Helo, let your avatar be a baaaaaaaad joke!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking to go with images in posts this time as it seems a better way considering future readers. We didn't think of it initially on BSG01 and it was easier to just continue the way we started, but as we're starting from the beginning, images seems the best way to go.

There's nothing to top you using an image of a toaster after all, or indeed changing your avatar, if that's what you want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
I was thinking to go with images in posts this time as it seems a better way considering future readers. We didn't think of it initially on BSG01 and it was easier to just continue the way we started, but as we're starting from the beginning, images seems the best way to go.

There's nothing to top you using an image of a toaster after all, or indeed changing your avatar, if that's what you want to do.

That will work. Time to start stealing pic's from Gerry. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Aging One wrote:
Anoir wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:

Yeah where is 1010?

Either an oil bath or he is still plugged into the wall socket!

I believe the crew from Game 6 terminated him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Anoir wrote:
I have a question.

Will we be putting images in our posts like other threads have adopted or just use the avatars.

Personally I prefer just the avatars but if people are going to read these threads in the future it won't make much sense when we change our avatars.

Especially quotes like this:

Alex40K wrote:
Oh shit, please Helo, let your avatar be a baaaaaaaad joke!!

My prefernce is just the avatars (though I will have conflicts between this game and running them). Personaly, I found the images distracting. I agree that it is good for posterity but I am not sure how often people will be going back through old threads.

But I will do what everyone else wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alex40K wrote:
## Please choose and post character, ColtsFan76 (Brian), you have the free choice.

Crap, I was hoping to be later in turn order so you could all help me decide. But I think I will select Colonel Saul Tigh (cussing not included).

Now let me get my drink on.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex40K wrote:
Everyone on board? Fine! May I now see your identity cards, please?

Order of play:

ColtsFan76
Aging One
Anoir
DaveD
Seiyaaa
StatSig

## Please choose and post character, Aging One (knepper).

And as soon as I figure out, how a *&$§+ geeklist is created, I will use one to track the game, as Brian did.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Aging One wrote:
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Gods, that the last thing we needed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [74] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.