Popular Tags: [View All]
Susan Marker
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules, session reports, and searched the web, but we're still unclear about one rule!

When the trick makes it back to the player who led, he may add 1-3 card(s) to the original sum & that is now the sum to beat. But...if it makes it back around to the leading player and he either cannot or does not want to add cards, does the trick stop with no buckets being lost, or does a bucket get lost after all? Also, what if his original bid plus the new cards don't beat the bid of the player to his right? What happens then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:I'm confused! Please help!
MeYesMe (#5053),

I belive you always have to beat the current sum. The original value that the first player established has no bearing once somebody else has beaten it. So, when it gets around the table back to the first player, they must add 1-3 cards so that the total value of all the cards in front of them is greater than the current sum (from the player to their right), otherwise they lose a bucket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Marker
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrua (#5063),
Thank you, thank you! This makes perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeYesMe (#5053),

Once a color is led, someone will always lose a bucket in that color (if he has it). The turn order goes round and round until someone can't (or doesn't want to) defend and loses one or more buckets. When the trick goes around back to the leader, the difference is that he (and subsequent players) can add the value of the cards in front of himself (i.e. the cards he has played previously in this trick) to the cards he is playing now. That total has to beat the total of his upper seat (right-hand) player. If he can't beat it, he plays nothing and loses a bucket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.