Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy taking walks on the wooded hills around this region. This past Saturday, me and my gaming group and a couple of friends went to a dam in Silves, an inland region near here. We went to have a picnic of sorts, cooked shrimp and bread and all kind of food assortments.

The dam in this area is now used only to create an artificial lake to water the agricultural lands in the region, though it may had been built for the purpose of producing energy, since there's an ominous abandoned building nearby that does look a lot like an old power transformation station, now long abandoned, if it was used at all. Urban explorers would love this place.

Anyway, after our little picnic, one of the couples that came with us and is part of our gaming group went away for a walk by themselves. Me and the rest of the group chatted and put things away, cleaning all the trash, when Rui came back without his girlfriend. He told us that she had found a couple of little kittens in another abandoned building that used to be some sort of restaurant. We went there and, sure enough, two little kittens, two months old max, were there looking a bit confused and meowing pitifully. A black one and a white with gray spots with gray eyes, and both looked lost.

At first we thought their mother ran from us and would return for them, but as time went by and we investigated the place, we started to had our doubts. Meanwhile Catia, Rui's girlfriend, stroke the black kitten so much the kitten was purring despite looking miserable.

We debated about whether the kittens were abandoned or if their mother was nearby, and decided to play safe and leave the kittens there.

And then, after walking a while, I turned back and saw the black kitten leading the white one, following us. They were really afraid of us, yet they followed us nonetheless. There and then we came to the conclusion they were indeed abandoned there to their fates. If their nest was there they would not leave it so easily. We stopped to see if they would turn back, but they kept their distance. I told the group to walk away again and, sure enough, they followed us.

After one more investigation to the abandoned building, we found a cardboard box with a box of cat food in it, chewed by the kittens. We found evidence that an adult cat did live there and had a nest.

We led the kittens to a clearing, where another proof they were abandoned showed. They were so thirsty they started to eat mud. We caught them there and Artur decided to have them and raise them, since he has a large house with a huge backyard, and he has a constant population of cats that varies from 3 to 20. This being a rural area afterall, some cats decided that his place was a stop place of sorts.

They did mew a lot when caught, but when we put them side by side they calmed down. We were afraid of the car trip, but Catia wrapped them in her coat and they actually slept peacefully the whole trip, quite content and happy. They even started to explore the car by themselves, not afraid of anything anymore, though they kept meowing for water and food. It wasn't a panicked meow at all, and they literally fell asleep on our laps.

They're now quite happy at Artur's house. He said they have quite a personality, they're always together and have explored every single place in the house and backyard, including behind all cabinets.

He says they're quite happy and that they now like to surprise drop on him to sleep with him, at 4am.

In short, they're two happy kittens now, and are quite energetic, curious and silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics if you can get them!

=^..^=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's so funny about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Tale of 2 cities wasnt funny either.

Great story Jao, I am thankful those 2 kittens will know what a loving home is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Don't pay attention to Quozl, João. Apparently he hasn't had his jello today!!

João, whether funny or not, you NEVER ever disappoint!!

Love & kisses,

Mrs. M.B.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a wonderful story.

Our kittens are 9 months old now and they like to pounce on our feet at 0500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanna see pics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, a lousy pic taken from mu cellphone. This is the leader, the one who took the initiative to follow us. It's a she, she purrs the moment anyone touches her, and her purr is like a damn 200 horsepower engine. It's really loud.

She's also quite crazy and very trusting. Glad we got her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A happy end to this story. Yeah, little kitties are quiet awesome and really do warm your heart. Good to hear they are well and sound at your friends estate, Thumbs up for him. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.