Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know VG has a dreadful reputation from customer service and I wanted to share my story with you. I purchased a copy of Titan from a local game store last Wednesday when I opened it on Saturday I found that just about every component had some kind of gray mold on it (I think I got patient zero for the mold outbreak). I sent an email on Sat. to VG's help desk on their new site asking how I could get a new copy. (I assumed I would need to send them some kind of proof that I bought the game). I also sent a geekmail to both VG guys on the geek. The help desk email was updated Monday afternoon with a reply that a new game would be sent out as soon as possible. (You have to log into the help desk on the site to see if the email as been viewed) Today Thursday a new copy of Titan arrived on my doorstep. I received a reply and a replacement game within one week. I am very please with the results of this issue and will not hesitate to purchase new Valley Games in the future. While I expected VG would replace the game I truly didn't expect to have a replacement this soon. Many thanks ,Torben, for the speed this was handled with.
Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're 35 days too late for April Fools' Day... better luck next year...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All true I swear on my copy of Cosmic Encounters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Just to back Todd up I found out on Thursday night that my new copy of Container was missing some containers (Fortunately not enough to make it unplayable with the numbers of players we had) I emailed Valley Games the next morning and they have got back to me via email straight away letting me know that they will be shipping out the missing pieces shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and did you get them yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Actually a couple of weeks back so I'm very happy with the service from Valley Games.

Cheers
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
Many thanks ,Torben, for the speed this was handled with.
Todd

Congratulations, Todd, you're a lucky man!

Many thanks, Torben, for letting me wait nearly 2 years now for unbroken Hannibal generals, and for never responding to any of my emails.

Ernst

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Warbear wrote:
Many thanks, Torben, for letting me wait nearly 2 years now for unbroken Hannibal generals, and for never responding to any of my emails.

This makes things more clear. Now I know why they've ignored my inquiry regarding re-print of Liberte.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem Kaagman
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mb
I've had the same good experience with Valley Games. They do make mistakes, but they go to great lengths to correct their mistakes.
So far I had two issues: one was an order that was carried out twice: because of some problems with international credit cards they asked me to order the same game again (Hannibal). As it turned out, they forgot to delete the first order, and send me two items. I was able to sell one of them, with a small loss. When I mentioned it, they immediately offered to redeem my loss, which indeed was resolved with my open orders.
The other issue I had was the generals, the coins, the Titan monsters that should have come with the pre-orders. It took some persistant emailing, but once their complaint page on their website was opened, I was promptly helped out. They sent me all the missing stuff (paying an awful lot of money just on posting costs.)

Besides, I do love what they make. On average they are beautiful games. Considering they started this out of their hobby, I do appreciate what they make, and how they handle it.

Now I am looking for people in the Netherlands to join me in ordering a shipment of Republic of Rome's; as the shipping (80 USD) is way too much to order a single copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbear wrote:
woundwart wrote:
Todd

Ernst

At least you got your damn game, Those guys squarely refuse to send me mine (You know, still Titan, which I paid for almost a year before it was re-released)

Oh they'll say they look into it, but they never do. They must realize by now that there's absolutely nothing I can do to force them to actually give me the product I PAID them for...

Well, maybe I should just go to Essen next time, find them, kick them in the nuts, get my product, run away before the police arrives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbear wrote:
woundwart wrote:
Todd

Ernst

Wow unbroken Hannibal generals, incredible rare animals I'm still waiting mines.

A local cult affirms that when I'll receive them it's a sign of the Armageddon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pennicillina wrote:
Warbear wrote:
woundwart wrote:
Todd

Ernst

Wow unbroken Hannibal generals, incredible rare animals I'm still waiting mines.

A local cult affirms that when I'll receive them it's a sign of the Armageddon.

Oh yes, that was RandomBlubberingMadmen 10.5, wasnt it?
"And the skies shall turn crimson, and the leaders of the world shall call to arms, and the foe of the customer shall come forth from his dark nest and provide satisfactory service, and it will be the eleventh sign, and time shall stop and vengeful fires shall rain from the heavens, and the world will come to an end on this day, the day of reckoning, the day of customer service, and every son and daughter of man shall be judged amidst the cries of the forsaken and cast down into the fiery darkness below for their sins. And then there will be cake."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to throw in my story, as the customer service in my case was ace! I was very glad to see that they republished Hannibal, so I ordered it about a year or so ago. Upon arriving, I found that all the token sheets (generals, CUs etc) were fine on the front but the backsides were poorly aligned, so that the tokens were in effect showing huge black borders on one side and missing some text (in case of the Roman Generals) and picture on the other side. I e-mailed them about the situation, offering to scan the stuff for proof and asking them to please replace the tokens. With the shipping costs from Cananda to Germany and all I told them to include the sheets in the next major shipment to my regular mail order game-store or any other german game store at their convenience, as the game was totally playable in the meantime, albeit ugly.
Within less than a week I received all the sheets in perfect condition in a heavy envelope addressed to my home, which cost them something like 10 C$. E-mail correspondence was prompt and friendly and they never wanted to see any proof. That in my book is above perfect customer-service.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not trying to discredit the bad experiences which some of y'all have had, I just felt I should come forward on account of their efforts.

cheers,
Kilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.