Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Påhlsson
Sweden
Klippan
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone try to clarify the mechanics of Special Buildings, please? I understand the following:
- I place 6 randomly drawn Special Buildings Cards with the face down in the Special Building pile.
- In the end of each round where the round card states it, the topmost Special Building is drawn and automatically built by the Town.

What I don't understand is - why 6 Special Building cards? Regardless of number of players there is never built more than 5 Special Buildings during the game, right?

Thankful of any comments...

/Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grier
Scotland
Paisley
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The marketplace allows a player to choose the next Special building, so the 'extra' card is there to allow the person activating the marketplace to always have a choice.

From the rules:

Quote:

After this, the player may look at the two top cards in the Special buildings pile and return them to the deck in any order. At the end of the game, the Special buildings space is never empty. This allows for the Marketplace: the visitor must be able to influence the order of the buildings right to the end of the game. The next player can start his or her turn while the player is looking at the Special buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Påhlsson
Sweden
Klippan
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Furthermore, it's then simpler to just say "put out six" and then only see 5 of them when playing with fewer players than it is to adjust the number put out based on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Giglia
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ussually just put the whole deck out anyway after shuffling. It really doesn't make that big of a difference, and speeds up the process of cleaning up somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
fragilehalos wrote:
I ussually just put the whole deck out anyway after shuffling. It really doesn't make that big of a difference, and speeds up the process of cleaning up somewhat.

I do the same, cause if you get the Construction Site in play, you need to draw additional special buildings anyway! *)

*) Please note, the special buildings drawn for the Construction Site must not be one of the 6 drawn at the beginning. So, I take them from the bottom of the special buildings deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.