Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A user rated the game Anno Domini a 10:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/3485...
It is pretty obvious that he rated the wrong game a ten. There is the card game and the board game Anno Domini. The former is pretty good and by Urs Hostettler. It fits the description (bluff, Urs Hostettler, poker, knowledge about history) of the rating text. The other one is a mediocre board game. Nobody rats it a ten.

I contacted the user, he doesn't respond, but he also didn't log in since february.

I think the user just rated the wrong game and that the rating should be moved or deleted. But an admin said he can't do it. Well, why not?
I know that anyway can rate the worst game a ten and most of times it wouldn't make a difference. But it is obvious that the user rated the wrong game and i consider this to be false information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Does it matter?

I mean, so what if someone that hasn't logged in in three months gave it a rating you consider "wrong." Once admins start "correcting" people's ratings and comments, we might as well close up shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the sake of accuracy, yes it matters. For the actual ratings, not so much.
It is not, that i believe or consider it wrong. It is wrong, even the user who did this would agree to this, because in the comment to the rating he describes the card game Anno Domini: Erfindungen (one random edition of it) and not the board game Anno Domini.
It is just wrong information and this spoils the database. I wouldn't treat it differently than a misplaced picture, review etc.
I know that everyone could just rate games randomly, but still obvious mistakes should be corrected. And this time it is a mistake. The comment is in german, my first language, and he wanted to rate the card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.