Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it if you could lend some expertise on landing a large load of light horse (literally).
Really, limited looking at rules left me at a loss for solutions to these issues so we let landings languish:

1. The Littoral armies can reserve 0-4 units to bring in on their first bound (turn)
as a single group. Can these land in a zone of control?

2. Can this group also move in the same bound they landed?

3. Can Light Horse use their ability to move a second time to move right after landing?

4. If the enemy base camp is touching the waterway, could you unload bows (outside
camp’s ZOC) but get into bow range, fire on the camp (+2 vs. foot against camp denizens +1), which (denizens) could be destroyed if doubled? (no effect if only "beaten" by a ranged bow attack)

5. Then in the next turn, if the enemy can’t move a unit in to “protect” their fort,
you could move the bows in to occupy it and get 2 of the 4 points needed to win?

6. Does the defender declare his littoral reserves during deployment BEFORE knowing the attacker’s littoral reserve (if both are littoral)?

7. Can the defender’s littoral force “blind-side” the attacker’s landing by landing right next to them?

8. Units forced to recoil back “into their ship” are destroyed?

Had more questions on whether denizens are optional,
are Warbands forced to recoil into supporting Wb destroyed, etc.
but sticking to landing questions now.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
capt yid wrote:

1. The Littoral armies can reserve 0-4 units to bring in on their first bound (turn)
as a single group. Can these land in a zone of control?

Yes
Quote:

2. Can this group also move in the same bound they landed?

The landing itself is a move. So, no, they can't move again, unless ...
Quote:

3. Can Light Horse use their ability to move a second time to move right after landing?

Yes. Psiloi too. The usual restrictions apply.
Quote:
4. If the enemy base camp is touching the waterway, could you unload bows (outside
camp’s ZOC) but get into bow range, fire on the camp (+2 vs. foot against camp denizens +1), which (denizens) could be destroyed if doubled? (no effect if only "beaten" by a ranged bow attack)

Yes, except the camp followers (the term "denizens" in the rules refers to BUA inhabitants, not camp ones) would be at +3 as the +2 bonus for being in a camp applies to both close combat and shooting. Note that you could land inside the camp's ZOC if you want to.
Quote:
5. Then in the next turn, if the enemy can’t move a unit in to “protect” their fort,
you could move the bows in to occupy it and get 2 of the 4 points needed to win?

Yes.
Quote:
6. Does the defender declare his littoral reserves during deployment BEFORE knowing the attacker’s littoral reserve (if both are littoral)?

Yes.
Quote:

7. Can the defender’s littoral force “blind-side” the attacker’s landing by landing right next to them?

Yes.
Quote:

8. Units forced to recoil back “into their ship” are destroyed?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate alot the admirable assistance Andreas!
Littoral landings will now lend a whole novel level
to my Java vs. Java games (both armies littoral).
5/8/09
Forgot Psiloi can move twice in the first bound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.