Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back I scored a double copy of this. SAdly, the rubber bands in the ships are shot. Looking at the ships, I'm concerned that trying to open them up to replace the bands will end up breaking them. Has anyone else done this? And does anyone have any good ideas as to what sizes and where to get rubber bands in these small sizes? I've hit all the office supply stores, and no one has anything this small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game so I don't know what size the band are. But, if you want small rubber bands try a medical supply store for the rubber bands people use on dental appliances. They come in different sizes and strengths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, might be too small, but thanks for the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Meyer
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy a bag of rubber bands at Target for 50 cents. It has various sizes, I used them for both Torpedo Run! and Crossbows & Catapults. The smallest size in the bag can probably be doubled over to make it the right size, and if anything that will make the pieces shoot out harder. Look in the office supplies isle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have been replacing the bands. And I found these work nicely at least on the small boats.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Braiding-Rubber-Bands/SBS-632001,...

Available at a beauty supply place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
I purchased a set through Ebay, measured and compared them to online charts, they appear to be size 8 (short) and size 10 (long) rubber bands...available at any office supply chain.

Update (3/24/15): These bands above aren't a very good fit, not enough tension in them. Switching to hair braid bands which seem to be working much better. For the subs a length of 3/4" or a little less works well; for the cruisers a length of 1 1/4" (size 10) or a little smaller. The battleships work well with the same 1 1/4" since they have a little more distance to stretch than the cruisers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.