Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are bombers with different speeds (if one of them has been damaged, for example) still considered to be in formation? If so, what is the speed of the formation?

Also, Loaded fighters still use their printed speed ratings, correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
Are bombers with different speeds (if one of them has been damaged, for example) still considered to be in formation? If so, what is the speed of the formation?

Yes. Only altitude matters.

Imago wrote:
Also, Loaded fighters still use their printed speed ratings, correct?

Yes.

For more detailed air battles try the old Rise of the Luftwaffe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! So I guess the formation speed is equal to that of the slowest bomber, yeah?

I own and love the old Rise of the Luftwaffe too (well, the Pacific version actually, Zero! and Corsairs and Hellcats). I think both old and new DiF are equally great fun. We played the Stalingrad scenario last week, my Germans got totally stomped...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
Thanks! So I guess the formation speed is equal to that of the slowest bomber, yeah?

I think that even if the bombers have different speeds they still flight in the same formation . Simplicity vs playability.

You consider the speed of the bomber you want to attack. There is not such a think as "formation speed". That's from the old game only .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooo...if I want to use my speed advantage to choose a bomber to attack in a formation with different speeds, whose speed rating do I compare mine to?

Sorry if I'm just overcomplicating stuff and getting things mixed up with the old DiF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
We played the Stalingrad scenario last week, my Germans got totally stomped...

I found this scenario totally unbalanced. Every time the Russian player has to attack a major defeat awaits him. Consider German option #2. Not only the German planes are better they are more in numbers if the German plays #2 as defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
Sooo...if I want to use my speed advantage to choose a bomber to attack in a formation with different speeds, whose speed rating do I compare mine to?

You compare your speed with the plane you want to attack. It doesn't matter that the one is faster than the other because the first is undamaged and the second is flipped.
Forget the concept "formation speed". The formation is one even if the planes have 2 different speeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
I found this scenario totally unbalanced. Every time the Russian player has to attack a major defeat awaits him. Consider German option #2. Not only the German planes are better they are more in numbers if the German plays #2 as defender.

I blew option 2 on some little attack, total overkill. I also forgot the Gunner on the Bf 110, it's a stupid idea trying to outturn a fighter in one of those...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
Emil 109 wrote:

I blew option 2 on some little attack, total overkill. I also forgot the Gunner on the Bf 110, it's a stupid idea trying to outturn a fighter in one of those...

Option 2 is only avaliable once...

And the gunner of the 110 is only a 1 burst rating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.