Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

here are some news from the Loyang development!
The following text is a draft for the backside of the cover. It gives an impression of the story.

"It is the year 25 AD. Loyang has risen to become the capital of the Han-Dynasty and one of the four main capitals in ancient China. The economic boom of the flourishing city requires improving the provision of staple foods.
These foods are supplied by local farmers who grow wheat, pumpkins, beets, cabbage, beans and leeks on their fields.
After the harvest the farmers regularly meet at the gates of Loyang to sell their produce. They make deliveries to their regular customers and sell goods to casual customers. The goods can be traded at market stalls or used as seed for new fields. If the farmers need goods which they don’t have on hand, they can buy them at village stores.
20 different helpers support the farmers with their individual skills. With their help it is possible to develop various tactics and strategies.
The most successful farmer is the one who makes the most progress on the prosperity path within a given period of time. To progress on this path costs money - at the beginning less, later more. But money is also needed for investments - so striking the right balance is crucial.

Uwe Rosenberg has made a name for himself as an author with card games such as "Bohnanza". Since 2005 he has concentrated on more complex games. After "Agricola" - which won multiple awards - and its worthy successor "Le Havre", "At the Gates of Loyang" now completes his Harvest Trilogy.
Although easy to learn, "At the Gates of Loyang" is a challenging economic game for 1 to 4 players."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! A German game that includes "pumpkins" as a resource!

Thanks for the translation, Ralph. It sounds great. And I love the fact that Uwe now has a Harvest Trilogy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, the publisher, Hall Games, sounds like a new one. Is it a spinoff of Uwe and Hanno's Lookout Games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me that Hall will include English rules and the components are language independent? Or that Lookout, or Z-man, Rio Grande, somebody will be producing an English version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hall Games is new and especially founded for the new Rosenberg game.

Ralph is not doing the english covertext for some internet-platforms, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
By the way, the publisher, Hall Games, sounds like a new one. Is it a spinoff of Uwe and Hanno's Lookout Games?

Hall Games is a new publisher. But if you replace "Hanno" with "Ralph", the team is almost the same.
I helped Uwe writing the german "Le Havre"- Rules. So he asked me to write the Loyang-rules, too. When it became clear, that Hanno wouldn't publish "Loyang" in 2009, Uwe asked me if I'd like to be a publisher...
Let's see how it works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Please tell me that Hall will include English rules and the components are language independent? Or that Lookout, or Z-man, Rio Grande, somebody will be producing an English version?

There will be not just English rules - we will publish a complete English version! It will be published at the same time as the German version - October 2009 in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ralph. Best of luck with what I'm sure will be a significant challenge. Of course, it looks like you have a great property with which to start out with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GoPanthers wrote:
"Harvesting trilogy" sounds a wee bit pretentious, though. Was I really harvesting in Le Havre?

Yes, there's a small Harvest Phase in Le Havre, in which you receive grain and cattle.
But yes, you're right, you shouldn't take it too seriously ...
It started as an inside joke, when we recognized for the first time, that Loyang is Uwes third game in a row which has a Harvest Phase in it. And then we got used to it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we just wait for the pumpkeeples and leekeeples...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Steindorfer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cadtel wrote:
Now we just wait for the pumpkeeples and leekeeples...:whistle:

and beeteeples ,beaneeples ......
we need more wooodddd ......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Gao
China
Nanjing
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
mbmb
what I can see from the current pictures is "Agricola-Auction in a Chinese theme"

Loyang is the most famous capital in Ancient China.

Let's see what sparkle will be inspired between the most famous city and the most famous BG designer.Can't wait to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.