Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beverly Bowers
Canada
Lake Country
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I decide, for each game I have listed in my 'Wish list' or 'Want list', (and why the difference between 'wish' and 'want' anyway?) - that I DON'T want to be notified of any sales or auctions for that game, BGG is still sending me emails for all the games. I can do this already, by changing my 'notification preferences'.

However, if you look at the text under 'notification preferences', it says you can change your preferences for each game as well. I think this must be a bug, because I don't even have 'Gemblo' in any of my lists anymore, and I STILL got an email today for a 'Gemblo' game for sale.

This is fairly annoying. Is there any help for it?

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it take a while for things to update in the system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
The notification system is getting a complete overhaul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beverly Bowers
Canada
Lake Country
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks Aldie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
The notification system is getting a complete overhaul.

Sweet! I hope that one of the things you're considering is the problem where you get a notification for a thread and the particular post that triggered the notification is deleted before you see it, thus leaving the thread in a state where you've been sent a notification but haven't viewed it so you receive no more notifications. Not a very complicated engineering problem, but it'd be great to see this behavior changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.