2 Posts

Pizza Box Baseball» Forums » General

Subject: Small misprint on a result card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. I just found this small misprint. It's on the "No Advantage" card that usually yields a double, scoring a runner on 1st only if there are two outs. Versus a good pitcher (Ace, Setup, or Closer) it becomes a ground (force) out. The card then says "P: Double/Fly Out like 1". Obviously it should be double/ground out. Right?

Also, unrelated question: If there is a Ground Out result where only the runner on 3rd gets to advance, shall we assume it is a force out at 3rd if there were runners on 1st and 2nd? (That could yield the apparently weird result of taking an out at 3rd and letting a run score if the bases were loaded and less than two were out). Similarly, a ground out with no advance is a force out of the forwardmost forced runner. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Moises,

I'll check on that misprint! You're right that the misprint does not affect game play.

Quote:
If there is a Ground Out result where only the runner on 3rd gets to advance, shall we assume it is a force out at 3rd if there were runners on 1st and 2nd?

Yes. I envision an attempted double-play where the lead runner is out and the hitter is safe at first.

Quote:
Similarly, a ground out with no advance is a force out of the forwardmost forced runner. Correct?

Yes, again, I envision an attempted double-play where the hitter is safe at first. With the bases loaded, the force out would be at home.

May you enjoy playing Pizza Box Baseball (and Pizza Box Football) for years to come!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Baseball
and Pizza Box Football
www.OTLgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.